BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relocating to Dubai

There is a distinct possibility that the wife and I will be relocating with our girls (6 & 9) to Dubai in March 2013.

Do we have any UAE based Rovers fans on here that may be able to assist me with some questions about employment and living there?

I am a qualified accountant and have made contact with various agencies out there who assure me there is plenty of work to go around, anybody any experience of this?

There is a distinct possibility that the wife and I will be relocating with our girls (6 & 9) to Dubai in March 2013.

Do we have any UAE based Rovers fans on here that may be able to assist me with some questions about employment and living there?

I am a qualified accountant and have made contact with various agencies out there who assure me there is plenty of work to go around, anybody any experience of this?

You should contact Babak (BobbyG) he is based in Dubai and I am sure he will help you.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE!!!

I have secured employment and once my visa is sorted I'll be flying out to start work for Jumeirah Group, based at Madinat Jumeirah within the finance department.

I hope to be out there later this month, especially as Lancs are playing a few pre season games from the 21st to 27th! I'm going to miss watching Rovers, but not as much as I would have done a few years back.

Do drop me a line if you plan on visiting Dubai and I'll pass on any tips I can.

May bump into Michel Salgado as I did when I visited a few months back. Weather is always brilliant and you'll find some of the locals are arrogant. However, majority of them are brilliant. You'll have plenty of places to visit when off work (Friday and Saturday, I presume). My favourite being Wild Wadi, Emirates Mall and Burj.

Probably will be coming down in summer, but solely for business purposes. Never seen any Rovers fans there so would be great to bump into a friendly Rover.

Congractulations and all the best for your new adventure!

May bump into Michel Salgado as I did when I visited a few months back. Weather is always brilliant and you'll find some of the locals are arrogant. However, majority of them are brilliant. You'll have plenty of places to visit when off work (Friday and Saturday, I presume). My favourite being Wild Wadi, Emirates Mall and Burj.

Probably will be coming down in summer, but solely for business purposes. Never seen any Rovers fans there so would be great to bump into a friendly Rover.

Congractulations and all the best for your new adventure!

Thanks. Part of my role is looking after the finances for Wild Wadi, I get cheap entrance in to it so imagine the kids will insist we attend regularly! I'm working across the whole Madinat Jumeirah site, so the hotels, villas, suk, water park and the new "phase 4" hotel development they are building.

I do hope I get to meet Salgado and shake his hand, such a legend.

Archived