BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Viasat Fotboll Doing Report on Blackburn Rovers Tonight

This evening 16:30 local Swedish time, Sweden's premier pay channel with the rights to the Premier League is doing a half hour report on Blackburn Rovers and the "knepiga situation" (crazy situation) at the club. This is mostly because of Martin Olsson being Sweden's left back, but it will be interesting to see what the Swedish media's take is on what is going on.

I am sure though that it won't be flattering. Watching the studio before the Everton vs Chelsea match now, and they did a little piece on the Olsson brothers and afterwards one of the pundits said (translated and paraphrased), "I normally don't condone players actively seeking a move from a club they are contracted to, but in Martin's case I would be willing to make an exception. The situation at Blackburn is a joke, and Martin should be doing all he can to get out of there for his own sake for that of the Sweish national team's."

Dan do you have a link to this programme earlier?

I actually have it on my DVR, anyone with the technical knowledge to be able to suggest or lead me through getting the recording onto my computer's hard drive would be welcome. I can contact Viasat for permission to upload it for the broader base of Rovers fans to have a look...

Would have to construct subtitles as well as half of it is in Swedish...

I actually have it on my DVR, anyone with the technical knowledge to be able to suggest or lead me through getting the recording onto my computer's hard drive would be welcome. I can contact Viasat for permission to upload it for the broader base of Rovers fans to have a look...

Would have to construct subtitles as well as half of it is in Swedish...

Yeah it's not really that simple. The software will cost you around £90, the cables around £10, then you'll need too know exactly what your doing (or find a YouTube guide maybe).

Yeah it's not really that simple. The software will cost you around £90, the cables around £10, then you'll need too know exactly what your doing (or find a YouTube guide maybe).

Thanks, Josh.

Ok, well then I just need to know which pub Shebby will be patronising this evening and get somebody to grab a couple of those £50 notes he apparently flashes about. ;)

I do have network cables in abundance available, if we are talking about regular J45 cabling. Is the software a matter converting the video format? I already own several such programs used for conversion of Blue-Rays and DVDs...

Did you watch the programme? If so:

1) What was the main purpose of it (e.g. was it intended to justify unsettling the Swedish players at the club, or a full expose on the problems at the club)?

2) What were the main points it made?

3) Did it uncover any new questions or issues that we should (all) be focusing on / thinking about?

4) Was it a worthwhile piece of investigative journalism, or more pap?

I'd be very pleased to hear your views. Many thanks

Did you watch the programme? If so:

1) What was the main purpose of it (e.g. was it intended to justify unsettling the Swedish players at the club, or a full expose on the problems at the club)?

2) What were the main points it made?

3) Did it uncover any new questions or issues that we should (all) be focusing on / thinking about?

4) Was it a worthwhile piece of investigative journalism, or more pap?

I'd be very pleased to hear your views. Many thanks

1) The main purpose appeared to be to highlight how badly things had gone for Rovers after the relegation. There was a bit of the Olsson should move rhetoric, but it was not actually part of the piece. See below.

2) Shebby was interviewed, saying nothing as usual, just reiterating the intention of the owners to get it right, and that this was the reason he was here. Mark Fish was interviewed as a board member for the Action Group. He said that Venkys were the only viable alternative for ownership of the club, so we just have to hope that they can get it right. The pundits made the main point that football, like all industries, requires a great deal of industry knowledge, experience, and competence at all levels, and that this is especially true for the decision makers and ownership of a club. They said that this is even more important after a relegation to be able to successfully recover and push to get promoted straight back. They said that this is clearly lacking in Blackburn's case, that there was clearly no contingency plan for relegation, and that the club is aimless and without strong and competent leadership.

3) Nothing really new, no.

4) It was straightforward and didn't pull any punches, and the pundits had nothing good to say about us. One went as far as to comment that he doesn't normally condone players actively seeking new clubs while playing on longer contracts, but in this case he would like to see the Olsson brothers, especially Martin, get out of a club situation like he is now for his own sake and that of the Swedish national team...

Cheers Dan, that is an excellent synopsis.

Isn't it a pity that no one in the media, here or anywhere else, feels able to make objective observations that are positive in nature about the underlying essence of the club? After the Venkys are long gone there will still be a club with a proud history, a strong sense of tradition and fans who will always be there for 'their club'

Venkys out for 2013!

Archived