BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Travel tips blackburn to liverpool airport

Puffsan

im planning to travel to blackburn for the burnley game on 17th march (which will be my first live game) and i have a couple of questions regarding traveling to liverpool airport.

my initial plan is to take a plane home the same evening departing 20:15, and take the train from blackburn to liverpool south parkway departing 16:56 and arriving 19:16

1. is 2 hours after final whistle enough time to get on to the train in blackburn due to this being a local derby?

2. is it faster to trabel by bus/coach, and if yes where can i find timetables from blackburn to liverpool airport?

3. how much do you think it would cost (approximately) to take a taxi from blackburn to liverpool airport?

my plan B is to take a plane home on monday, which i guess would be less stressful, but then miss a day off work

hope any of you are kind enough to help me :)

im planning to travel to blackburn for the burnley game on 17th march (which will be my first live game) and i have a couple of questions regarding traveling to liverpool airport.

my initial plan is to take a plane home the same evening departing 20:15, and take the train from blackburn to liverpool south parkway departing 16:56 and arriving 19:16

1. is 2 hours after final whistle enough time to get on to the train in blackburn due to this being a local derby?

2. is it faster to trabel by bus/coach, and if yes where can i find timetables from blackburn to liverpool airport?

3. how much do you think it would cost (approximately) to take a taxi from blackburn to liverpool airport?

my plan B is to take a plane home on monday, which i guess would be less stressful, but then miss a day off work

hope any of you are kind enough to help me :)

1) Yes easily with regards to getting to Blackburn station. Burnley fans should all be on coaches so the railway station should be largely unaffected. However, I'm unsure how often or how long it takes for the courtesy buses from Liverpool South Parkway station to the airport. As you only arrive at the station an hour before your flight that could be cutting it a bit fine - especially if there are any problems.

2) Don't know for sure but very much doubt it is faster by bus or that there is a direct one.

3) About £50. I do it with work quite often. It takes just under an hour (at the steady 60mph taxi drivers go at nowadays) but you could probably set off at between 5.30 to 6 and make it fairly comfortably.

Hope that helps.

Archived