BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2013/14 Season

After today's result and performance against Leeds, I guess even the most optimistic supporter would resign themselves to the fact that we will be competing in The Championship again next season.

Given that likely scenario there is the potential for a great deal of change for the club. Finances probably being paramount.

Owners? Board? Managerial and coaches? Playing staff? Non-attending supporters?

This summer is crucial for the club, what could be changed and what initiatives"............

Owners - I want out but I don't think it will happen.

Board - My main hope is Shebby never has any influence again.

Manager and coaches - Up to Appleton.

Players - Big overhaul needed. The players I would want to keep are Kean, Dann, Henley, Orr, Hanley, Martin Olsson, King, Rhodes, Bentley, Best.

You then come to the loanees; I'd potentially keep maybe one of Formica and Rochina, the rest I'd look to sell.

I would change captain, and Williamson may be decent as back up, and I doubt Murphy can be let go so he can perhaps play a bit part. I'd look to let go Lowe, Markus Olsson, Pedersen, Goodwillie, Etuhu, Givet and Dunn but this will be VERY difficult.

I think we might get bids for Hanley, Dann, Rhodes and Martin Olsson.

I would like Hanley to stay as a potential future captain.

Dann I would consider £4m but he could even potentially be the captain now.

Olsson might be one we can sell if the price is right, and Rhodes would take £10m+ but that could re-shape our squad as without sales our budget will surely be minimal.

We need to look at having a squad of around 22/23 maximum.

Appleton needs to build on a solid base, we need to make sure that stays and is worked on.

He needs to make the team a bigger goalscoring threat with more movement.

After today's result and performance against Leeds, I guess even the most optimistic supporter would resign themselves to the fact that we will be competing in The Championship again next season.

Given that likely scenario there is the potential for a great deal of change for the club. Finances probaly being paramount.

Owners? Board? Managerial and coaches? Playing staff? Non-attending supporters?

This summer is crucial for the club, what could be changed and what initiatives"............

Yes, even this glass-half-full fan is reconciled [as to be fair, I have been all season - I can't be arsed to dig it out now, but even when the Scottish bald person was "manager", I posted on here, looking forward to next season in the Championship while the maximum Parachute payment was still available] to starting next season in Division 2-really. I've just deleted the database I created last week of all the relevant games for the top 10 teams in the Championship from now to the end of the season! :glare:

I'm a lot more optimistic than I was at the start of this season; I'm not sure about the behind-the-scenes arrangements [i don't know enough about 'em] but I'm encouraged that the team is now managed by someone who actually has a plan and is realistic, rather than "looking for positives". :unsure:

Ideally, I guess it'd be wonderful if the club were sold to someone who understood better than the Raos have so far all that's involved in managing an English football league club. Even if that didn't happen it'd be a step forward, to this non-itk fan at least, if we were owned by someone who understood that, whether or not their name was Rao. Their apparent lack of interference since the bald Scottish person departed is at least a small step forwad.

Archived