BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Performance Related Pay

Is it time we reduce basic wages as opposed to salary capping? I'm literally sick to my guts seeing those over paid cloggers picking up a weekly cheque for what i don't earn in a year. It's happening everywhere in football yes, but is the answer to start offering more bonuses and performance clauses? Would it increase both performance and motivation levels?

As opposed to a strikers £15,000 a week.

How about a basic £12,000, with a 3,000 goal bonus for every goal scored and 1,000 assist.

OR

Everyone to simply be on pay as you play deals? With extras.

Your Views?

Guest Norbert

It would be a good, but I doubt EU law will allow it, or that all clubs will follow suit unless it was strictly enforced.

Everyone to simply be on pay as you play deals? With extras.

But then players like Rhoads will be playing for a different club every week. I would imagine players get bonuses though.

Self employed footballers freelance, Rooney could play for united one week and tranmere the next, negotiate a one-off fee of or each game....a small club could save up and then splash cash on one player for a certain game or spend a modest amount on average players for the next...

Self employed footballers freelance, Rooney could play for united one week and tranmere the next, negotiate a one-off fee of or each game....a small club could save up and then splash cash on one player for a certain game or spend a modest amount on average players for the next...

It sort of questions the term 'football team'... Sounds like when a pub is struggling for numbers in November and people have to ring around for other players and then convince the referee your Lanky Ginger ringer is really called Abdull Mohammed Habibullah.

Without a rule change, it would need every club to agree to (stick to) an unofficial wage cap and employ the bonus system you suggest.

Although more money for the goalscorer could lead to greediness and lack of team work.

Even if you could get clubs to do this - difficult - how long before a clever agent/lawyer points to some EU law and another Bosman style challenge?

Archived