BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] vigin media

usually unlimited(within reason) same as sky, But i've been told by relatives just this week that virgin have started blocking access to a lot of sites(particularly torrent sites) and last time I was with virgin broadband(about 2 years ago) I found that they seemed to throttle the broadband speeds at peak times during the day.

Ive also been thinking of leaving sky broadband, not because there anything wrong with it, just because my contract with them is up and I could get slightly better deals elsewhere(EE broadband has a good offer depending on who your mobile phone networks with) The only thing stopping me from changing though is im tired of getting into minimum 12month contracts with tv, mobile,internet, phone providers as they can be pretty nasty and unsympathetic if you find yourself out of work or of sick and unable to afford there services any longer(in my experience).

usually unlimited(within reason) same as sky, But i've been told by relatives just this week that virgin have started blocking access to a lot of sites(particularly torrent sites) and last time I was with virgin broadband(about 2 years ago) I found that they seemed to throttle the broadband speeds at peak times during the day.

Ive also been thinking of leaving sky broadband, not that because there anything wrong with it, just because my contract with them is up and I could get slightly better deals elsewhere(EE broadband has a good offer depending on who your mobile phone networks with) The only thing stopping me from changing though is im tired of getting into minimum 12month contracts with tv, mobile,internet, phone providers as they can be pretty nasty and unsympathetic if you find yourself out of work or of sick and unable to afford there services any longer.

yeh the throttling is a major downside but reading up on it, it still is over 10MG every time. the blocking of sites definatly worries me. this will probably stop me from taking it out then. my sky broadband is not working at all at the min even though sky has told me its now fixed after 2 40 min phone calls.

the thing is virgin is so much cheaper than sky but blocking filesharing sites is a bit of a no no. may threaten sky with leaving to see if theyll drop some prices

I have had virgin for about 9 years, don't go to them with any problems that you may encounter because they will just fob you off, my mobile is virgin too and it took me 3 weeks for them to fix my phone because they don't know their arse from their elbow, also tried to fob my mum off when she wanted a new virgin remote for her tv, they kept putting an operator from india on to her, even though they are useless, she wasn't best pleased!!

If you're going with Virgin you HAVE to get the Superhub2. With the SH1 my download on a 60mb package was around 15mb wired and 5mb wireless, I had loads of drop-outs and very poor wireless signal. I complained and complained so they sent me the SH2 foc, now I get the full 60mb on my laptop and S3 phone using the 5g setting. Signal is full strength everywhere I go and not had one drop-out. Does reboot about 3 in the morning though! Do a Google on the superhub and you'll see how useless it is.

Archived