BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will Robinson ever play again?

Shabani

Starting to wonder whether we will ever see Robinson in a Blackburn Rovers shirt again, or even in any football shirt again playing competitvely

Already seen him on Question of Sport and on SSN summarizing a Spurs game, obviously lining up some work for when he eventually retires. Clearly he doesn't see himself in the game much longer

He has suffered a serious injury at the age of 33 (now 34) and hasn't played for a long time

Also, we've seen what has happened to the club's senior pros since Venkys took charge, all have been shipped out bar the ones they can't get rid of and the club has 2 goalkeepers already, + some highly rated youngsters

He'll play football again but if Bowyer remains manager I doubt it will be for Rovers as he didn't pick him during either of his caretaker spells last season.

Kean was playing well when bowyer got the caretaker roll so he had no reason to change it. At this point robbo probably needs a go as the other two are just costing us to many points. Kean has had a disastorous season and Eastwood and has some howlers in recent games including 2 yesterday. For all the posts/discussions about all the perceived issues at rovers, if we would have had a steady 7/10 goalkeeper all season we would be comfartably in the playoffs.

What Dann did yesterday after the 3rd goal was a disgrace, but it does highlight were he stands confidence wise with the goalkeepers. If he feels that way then you'd imagine some of the others feel the same.

Unless robbo has really hamered the xmas turkey I'd get him back in asap. We dont need a goalkeeper that will win us points/games, we just need a steady one who does the simple things well and makes the odd good save

Kean was playing well when bowyer got the caretaker roll so he had no reason to change it. At this point robbo probably needs a go as the other two are just costing us to many points. Kean has had a disastorous season and Eastwood and has some howlers in recent games including 2 yesterday. For all the posts/discussions about all the perceived issues at rovers, if we would have had a steady 7/10 goalkeeper all season we would be comfartably in the playoffs.

What Dann did yesterday after the 3rd goal was a disgrace, but it does highlight were he stands confidence wise with the goalkeepers. If he feels that way then you'd imagine some of the others feel the same.

Unless robbo has really hamered the xmas turkey I'd get him back in asap. We dont need a goalkeeper that will win us points/games, we just need a steady one who does the simple things well and makes the odd good save

Yep - Eastwood was a league 2 goalie. Even given he won't make as many howlers as Kean, it's not the sort of quality any championship level team should be looking at. Shame we didn't bring in Sandomirski

To be fair to the club you can see why they passed on sandomirski. 1 mill is a lot for a keeper you have no real plans to play, epscially with our summer budget. Also dont think any of us saw the spectacular collapse of Jake Kean coming.

Where they have gone wrong for me is not bringing one in on loan. Especially when Shay Given was out there before Boro snapped him up

Its really hard to put a figure on what gk errors have cost us points wise so far, but I'd say its arguably approaching double figures

Archived