BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Head v Heart and many contradictions

Firstly, following relegation, there is understandably a lot of anger on this MB.  I get that, it shows people care and individuals are hurting.  Fans will deal with this in different ways and sadly this sometimes means having a go at other fans who have a different view on how to deal with the present situation and the uncertain future for our Club.  

Please cut a bit of slack as thankfully we live in a county where we are still allowed to have diferent opinions and a certain amount of choice.

As for me I am angry, very angry.  I have other interests (shooting, fell walking and photography) as well as family.  I have tried staying away from Ewood but have strayed back when loaned a ticket and even succumbed to buying one v Bristol City.  Rovers have been a massive part of my life and it is difficult to ignore that pull.....that is why I understand those who want to go every week.

I detest the V's and the slimey, money grabbing agents who have infested my Club.  I have no time for our off-field management structure (if you can call it that).  I have protested and will probably protest again; indeed protesting has been cathartic and has allowed me to express my anger.

however I am in turmoil as to what do I do next.  One minute I think sod the V's and I am going to return to Ewood and get a ST regardless of everything.  The next I think sod it and use the money on a 1,500+  cartridges.  If I buy a ticket will I think I am selling out, if I boycott will I go back for the odd game (not really a boycott of course) and to some of the away games.

The point is if I am thinking this then I guess some others are.  We are all human and are trying to approach the car crash of Blackburn Rovers in different ways. 

Non of this is black or white, right or wrong.  It is clear that BRFCS MB'ers care about our Club but they express it in many different ways.

Please let's not take it out and blame each other.  We all know who to really blame, but whether some individuals accept it or not we will individually deal with it in different ways now and next season in the Tin Pot League.

Amen.

Just now, preston blue said:

As for me I am angry, very angry.  I have other interests shooting, fell walking and photography) as well as family.  

You could do worse than combing your love of Rovers with some of your other interests ;).

Saying that, the culprits are never at the ground...

Buy a season ticket but also join any protests. It does go some way to feeling as though you are contributing. It doesn't make you a sell out, although I can see the conflict. I share that too.

My lad still wants to go. I've asked him why: "it's still my team".

And there it is, you either follow your team or give up on football.

Just make sure you pay on credit card not cash.

Archived