BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Of Warcraft

It's probably a bad move to tell you that Cataclysm brings Heroic Deadmines then :D . Despite only ever playing horde, I still always took friends that started playing on the long ass trek to get there as the right level horde (people that it's Alliance only, but it's not, it's just a bloody long way from anything Horde), 'cos yeah, I loved that place too.

Don't get me wrong, unlike a lot of people that quit wow (and I haven't actually quit wow, I've just quit my agreement to turn up at set times for the raid team) I don't actually regret all the time I've spent in there. I've had some fantastic times and met some great people (several of whom I'm sure will be lifelong friends) but serious raiding (I wont say even say top end) got less about playing wow (it's a simple game, with simple mechanics) and more about managing people (in football terms it's a squad of 40, team of 25, 4 games a week, 4hrs a game... plus training) and frankly, it had become like a second job.

I'm still a fan boy, I'm still looking forward to Cataclysm and I'll miss that buzz you get on the first kill of a new boss, but I wont miss the time it took up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played horde and ally, had plenty of chars too, on a normal server Eonar I think it was I had a 70 orc hunter and a 70 human rogue and a 70 pally my missus had a 70 gnome lock, the main thing I used to enjoy was world pvp and mass city raids and Alterac valley but when it all went arena and high end raids I felt I couldnt keep up as my job timescales can vary.

As for the long ass run to deadmines, I ran my undead rogue to westfall at lvl 14 just to farm one of those damn red masks, was a pain getting through STV but thats what I loved about the game, being able to do stupid stuff like that, then I used to hang around westfall and duskwood once I lvled up to around 25 to try and coax people to scrap, kill a npc and hide :lol:

I never regret the time I played on Wow either, it took a lot of time but I made some great friends especially from the likes of Denmark and Sweden, they seem to be mad on games like these there.

Talking of MMORPGs, Lord of the Rings Online has recently gone free to play, used to play to play and enjoyed the game albeit not as much as WoW and am going to give it another whirl now it's free.

Edited by Clitherover

Talking of MMORPGs, Lord of the Rings Online has recently gone free to play, used to play to play and enjoyed the game albeit not as much as WoW and am going to give it another whirl now it's free.

I did try it very briefly, im sure I still have a copy of the game somewhere, I couldnt get into it, the graphics were really nice and the gameplay was nice and smooth but the trade skills....wow, I just couldnt get my head around them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.