BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Italian Scandel

Following the banning and fining of Ashley Col's agent, the FA have reportedly asked UEFA to go after Zihavi for his role in the affair.

Spurs alomost ended up playing with themselves when they were drawn against Slavia Prague! The Guardian on the unravelling of ENIC's crazy football empire and the prospects for greater limitations on ownership. Have to say the ENIC plan was singularly dumb. I feel sorry for Vicenza which seemed a nice club in the sleazy Italian football world.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'English football is the worst for bungs in Europe' Well it would be wouldn't it? It has the most money sloshing around in it.

I've said before I believe that we should legally and above board 'bung' (commission / reward is a nicer term) a good manager and his team for exceptional performances in the transfer market. If Nelsen had gone for 5m this summer then MH and his team could have had 10% for me. It would reward his mgment team for their efforts and abilities, encourage them to continue finding cheap talent, make money for the club and most importantly help to keep them at Ewood. The only danger being the mgment selling players purely for the commission before we have adequate replacements, thereby killing the Golden Goose.

Edited by thenodrog

I've said before I believe that we should legally and above board 'bung' (commission / reward is a nicer term) a good manager and his team for exceptional performances in the transfer market. If Nelsen had gone for 5m this summer then MH and his team could have had 10% for me. It would reward his mgment team for their efforts and abilities, encourage them to continue finding cheap talent, make money for the club and most importantly help to keep them at Ewood. The only danger being the mgment selling players purely for the commission before we have adequate replacements, thereby killing the Golden Goose.

How many managers would feather their retirement nest by having a major clearout?

Read my last sentence guys. Obviously a lot of strings would need to be attached but how refreshing to see a BRFC mgment team actually making money for the club compared to the lazy wasteful chequebook management of previous incumbants of the managerial chair.

Anyway as far as business is concerned Philip, you make me £5m in a year or two and you can gladly have 500 grand. Have you never heard of commision? How does losing your top employee rate in your business world?

"Offering an incentive to management for stripping it of its best assets!" Actually happens all the time in modern business. I'll agree though its frequently not a good thing in the long run.

Still completely wrong 'drog. Never mind, institutionalised bungs and Lancashire United all add to the entertainment on brfcs.com.

The Stevens Report/investigation whilst a damp squib in PR terms will undoubtedly force clubs, agents and the FA to be extremely careful and is probably having a clean-up effect beyond the appointment of additional compliance officers at the FA.

39 suspect dealings being further investigated are sufficient to keep every Prem and ex-Prem boardroom excepting the three newly promoted clubs very nervous. I for one hope the identities are not leaked although the Quest team's activities and direction of questions in the coming 8 weeks will alert insiders to what they are chasing. The longer the period of anxious suspense, the greater the chances of someone cracking and changes oif behaviour becoming embedded.

how refreshing to see a BRFC mgment team actually making money for the club compared to the lazy wasteful chequebook management of previous incumbants of the managerial chair.

Aside from that fact that the whole idea is bordering on the verge on insanity, it has one fatal flaw anyway; managers do not negotiate fees for players being sold. Even if you ignore that critical fact, why won't managers want the highest possible figure for outgoing players as things stand? The more the club gets, the more money the manager has to spend. Even if money is the main incentive for doing business (as you seem to assume), higher transfer fees would mean they can build a stronger squad with the proceeds, finish higher up the league, earn more money from bonuses and be in a stronger position to negotiate a hefty wage rise when contract renewal time comes up.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather the financial incentive worked that way (as it does now) than some dodgy bung-like commission based system.

Edited by LeChuck

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather the financial incentive worked that way (as it does now) than some ...... commission based system.

Bit of selective editing makes it sound far more respectable. :tu: Most business run with commision / bonus system on sales.

Admittedly it does sound more respectable...but isn't it people trying to make football more like a business which is slowly ruining the game? I struggle to see how the commission based incentives would benefit Rovers more than indirect financial benefits based on team performance.

Edit: That is again completely ignoring the fact that Hughes has nothing to do with negotiating the fees players.

Edited by LeChuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Punishment reduced for Italy trio

Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio have all had their point deductions reduced. Juve have had theirs reduced from a seventeen point penalty to just nine. Not that it made any difference as they are streamrollering Serie B anyway. After drawing their first game they have now won seven games in a row and there is little doubt that we will be seeing them back in Serie A next year. In fact, even with their eight-point deduction they are only four points off the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.