BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Player Arrives For Trial At Ewood

I can only surmise that you saw neither of those players.

I'd rather have Ste B play than John Douglas.

Right..................................................................................?

if thats your opinion, you cant have very much faith in our acadamy??

Neil Danns has been playing out of his skin for the Brum lately and looks to be growing up into a midfielder we could at least use in a crisis like this.

Douglas in particular is looking solid in his last 2 games...

Douglas is a totally average player, who were used as a crisis left midfielder by Souness (not Hughes) to create some cover for our defence. He is perhaps a more useful player in 4-4-2 than Mokoena, but if you take the dodgy tackles out of the equation, he's an average Championship midfielder.

Right..................................................................................?

Neil Danns has been playing out of his skin for the Brum lately .

Obviously he is playing that well that you've decided to keep cross posting it over a few threads.

I don't believe Danns has been playing THAT well for Brum because Steve Bruce recently came out and stated that Danns had lost a bit of direction, intimating that he was trying to be too flash on the ball and should get back to what he's good at, getting into the box to get goals.

However, Douglas or Danns would be better bets in our central midfield than Aaron Mokoena who has all his career played as a CB and only in emergencies as a CM.

Who said cream rises to the top? If Aaron Mokoena is part of the cream, I can only surmise that we're talking crude vernacular here.

The mediocre but experienced certainly rule OK in the Premiership.

Neil Danns has been playing out of his skin for the Brum lately and looks to be growing up into a midfielder we could at least use in a crisis like this.

Douglas in particular is looking solid in his last 2 games...

Danns can't even get into there first 11, so how can he be playing out of his skin, do you just look on teletext and think if a player has scored he must be playing out of his skin

My View On the game....................................

I thought Pezzoni and Winnard were excellent at the heart of the defence and never gave Brandy a sniff at the Rovers goal.

My impression on Alan Judge was that he is too greedy and selffish in fact both of the Irish lads(Treacy)were very greedy and did not pass to there team mates when that was the better option IMHO.The Academy staff have high hopes for both.

My marks for yesterday:

Somodi (7)

Bateson(7)

Winnard(8)

Pezzoni (8)

KING (9)

O'Keefe(7)

Keita (8)

O'Conor(7)

Judge (6)

Dadson (8)

Treacy (6)

Brierley (5)

Good to see Pezzoni's still performing well for the Academy. Maybe the lad can become the partner to Nelsen in a few year's time. :tu:

The times I saw Judge he was running his socks off and doing his best to distribute. Maybe the coaches have asked him to work on his on-the-ball technique? Or maybe he's just getting greedy...

Also good to hear of the others we don't get to hear of that much (Keita, King, Dadson, Winnard).

Cheers, unleaded!

Edited by Hypo-Luxa

Danns can't even get into there first 11, so how can he be playing out of his skin, do you just look on teletext and think if a player has scored he must be playing out of his skin

I been reading reviews, whats wrong with that? Have you been watching him play... Do you know Steve Bruce and know why he doesnt select him in the starting 11? If not i dont think you can accuse me of the same for not knowing...

I never understood why we let Danns go. He came in for a few games, did alright in my eyes- looked promising. Then stopped playing, and was shipped out. I've always felt that he is going to play in the Premiership again one day, and I can see him being a regular for some team. The fact he's already gone to Brum for 850,000 shows we made a mistake letting him go for only a lil sell on fee.

I have to say I agree with RTM on us not recouping as well as we could on the Academy. I feel confident we could make more money from the ones who aren't good enough to make it in the Prem, and that we should always insist on a sell on clause in the region of 50 percent for those we give away for a pittance.

We do, as much as we can anyway. We got money for Beattie and Danns - but we can't expect 50%.

And; this demand is premature - you can't expect Hughes to get something out of the players in the academy yet. Souness did ok with Dunn, Duff, Tiny, Douglas, Gallagher, Danns (to some extent) for a while - it wasn't all his fault that they did not all succeed.

I been reading reviews, whats wrong with that? Have you been watching him play... Do you know Steve Bruce and know why he doesnt select him in the starting 11? If not i dont think you can accuse me of the same for not knowing...

so how can you say he has been playing out of his skin?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.