BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Avi To Dvd

Does anyone know if there is an easier and less time consuming process to converting avi files to DVD ISO files. I have Avi2Dvd program but its slow. After about 5 hours it finally converted it to an iso file but i have just noticed before burning it that it is a NTSC version, so do i need to convert it again now to pal? and will need to be pal to work on a dvd player? i have an xbox 360 so maybe it will work on that though?

Can any techno wiz help me out?

much appreciated guys!

Robin

Thanks i'll try that one next time, does it need to be converted to pal before burned?

If you want it converting from NTSC to PAL then it'll do it, if you don't then it won't (its an option), but as is said above, most modern TVs can view NTSC content.

Try it with a non-converted one, if your TV displays it in black and white then it can't display NTSC input.

Use WinAVIConverter to convert between AVI/WMV/VOB files.

AVI to VOB (DVD to me and you) will take an hour or so for 700MB avi file and you will have to use a DVD disc.

However XBOX360 can play windows media file (WMV) and WinAVI can also convert to this format in 2hours or so.

Advantage with wmv is that you can also stream wireless from your PC direct to your xbox - use Windows Media Centre Extender.

Use WinAVIConverter to convert between AVI/WMV/VOB files.

AVI to VOB (DVD to me and you) will take an hour or so for 700MB avi file and you will have to use a DVD disc.

However XBOX360 can play windows media file (WMV) and WinAVI can also convert to this format in 2hours or so.

Advantage with wmv is that you can also stream wireless from your PC direct to your xbox - use Windows Media Centre Extender.

Tried the WinAVIConverter program. It's lightening fast, but i had no idea that after i burned a dvd there is a nag in the middle of the screen, i guess i'll have to purchase the whole product. Mind you its faster than any other converter.

Archived