BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Download Querie

It`s not often i venture onto this part of the site, but i thought i`d ask for a bit of advice?

I`ve recently downloaded an album for my gal from bit-torrent, but i realised afterwards it wouldn`t open/play becuse it was a .rar file. :blink:

Can i ask you very nice teckies:- <_<

1...what`s a .rar file?

2...how do i open it?

3...do i need to download a program to open it?

4...where can i get the program (if needed)?

5...are they (.rar files) any good/worth the hassle?

Many thanks for any advice/help :tu:

Cheers guys for the info :tu: I`ve downloaded the trial version & will give it a go later. Yes it is a rather big post LeChuck, if i`d known about .rar beforehand maybe i could`ve compressed it (guffaw!! guffaw!!) ;)

I`ll get me coat..... :unsure:

• 7 months later...
.rar is better than .zip as it compresses files smaller, due to better algorithms... i need to get out more!

Why don't you use Limewire its are excellent for downloads and its free. Downloaded all the tracks on Amy Winehouse's Back to Black today. Well pleased with myself for saving a tenner!

Why don't you use Limewire its are excellent for downloads and its free. Downloaded all the tracks on Amy Winehouse's Back to Black today. Well pleased with myself for saving a tenner!

Limewire is a horrible piece of software for downloading music...

.rar files drive me mental when I'm trying to get hold of television shows. It's actually very difficult to find .avi files.

Wouldn't the .avi file simply be compressed in the .rar file? Just makes it smaller to download, that's all.

Archived