BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Antonio Puerta

Very similar to what happened to my youngest son. He collapsed and died while out shopping with his wife and young kids on the last Sunday before Christmas 1994 at the age of 29. He too was a very fit young man, and played regular football every week including 5 a side every Friday night. Never so much as a hint of illness. But down he went in the middle of a BHS store, and was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital. He was like me a mad keen Rovers fan but never lived to see his team lift the championship later that same season. He smoked heavily and liked a drink but not excessively.

The moral off this tale is: No matter how fit you think you are; get down to your doc's and get a check-up at least once every 2 years.

Tragic.

God bless..........R.I.P

Lets just hope the guy from Leicesters ok.

Also,can I just use this thread to compliment Liverpool Football Club on showing total respect for the young lad from Everton.

Absolutely right. I too was VERY impressed by that, especially having the teams come out to "Z Cars". Fantastic gesture from Liverpool FC.

Also,can I just use this thread to compliment Liverpool Football Club on showing total respect for the young lad from Everton.

Yes fantastic jesture from Liverpool yesterday. Almost brought a tear to my eye - must have been very emotional for his family.

Very similar to what happened to my youngest son. He collapsed and died while out shopping with his wife and young kids on the last Sunday before Christmas 1994 at the age of 29. He too was a very fit young man, and played regular football every week including 5 a side every Friday night. Never so much as a hint of illness. But down he went in the middle of a BHS store, and was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital. He was like me a mad keen Rovers fan but never lived to see his team lift the championship later that same season. He smoked heavily and liked a drink but not excessively.

The moral off this tale is: No matter how fit you think you are; get down to your doc's and get a check-up at least once every 2 years.

You have my deepest sympathy, Fife. My neighbours tragically lost their son just after he announced his engagement

Sorry to hear about your loss Fife.

Thank you all for your kind expressions of sympathy. It is nearly 13 years ago now and although you do learn to live with it, you can never forget or even get over losing your child. It is not supposed to happen that way; they should be burying you when the time comes. However........

Archived