BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xbox 360

How important is it to get one with a large hard drive? Relatively few games will be used, mainly Fifa 2008. This is not for serious gaming, just fun. Thinking about 20Gb or 120Gb. There seem to be loads of deals and I'm heading towards the 20Gb plus four games for £300.

You should be alright with that amount of use.

But, I'd consider going for the 120GB if you want to download games and films from Xbox Live in the future. They have released a few old xbox classics for download but this is not feasible with the 20 gig HD obviously. Demos might also take up a bit of space.

I only have the standard 20gb and I'm nowhere near to filling it. I have about 20 games from all different genres and would say I play it quite a lot, but I don't think I'd ever need to upgrade to the larger one. On top of that I do sometimes download demos, still it has never caused me a problem. I would say that unless you plan on using the new option of downloading movies over xbox live, or unless you want to save music files or a huge number of demos or arcade games that you will never need more than 20gb. If all you want to do is play games then don't waste your money on the 120gb.

Guest Kamy100

20 GB should be fine, when I had one I never ever got close to filling it.

The link below is to a very good company who I use all the time, they have some of v2 premium's in stock. Basically these are more reliable then the v1 as they use a new chipset and they also have an HDMI connection which is better than the old component one:

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...;codart=XB23600

I have a xbox360 20gb and its starting to annoy me as its getting toooo full had to clean it out twice over the years since i got it on release date. go for the 120gb hard drive i say.

Also its not the games on dvd that take the space its the updates/arcade games/movies/demos/etc that you can download.

20 GB should be fine, when I had one I never ever got close to filling it.

The link below is to a very good company who I use all the time, they have some of v2 premium's in stock. Basically these are more reliable then the v1 as they use a new chipset and they also have an HDMI connection which is better than the old component one:

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...;codart=XB23600

Cheers for that link, Kamy. That is a really good price for an Xbox Premium version. I might well buy one from there.

Cheers for that link, Kamy. That is a really good price for an Xbox Premium version. I might well buy one from there.

Main advice for the day.

DO NOT get a premium version.

Get a elite. Main reason is the chips inside it are alot smaller and give alot less heat off than the premium but also i heard it is less noisey than the premium.

Main advice for the day.

Get a elite. Main reason is the chips inside it are alot smaller and give alot less heat off than the premium but also i heard it is less noisey than the premium.

Not always true. The first runs of elites had the same hardware as the others. Newer runs of all versions of the 360 (arcade, core, premium and elite) should start having the new chipset.

See This Story on how to spot them.

Guest Kamy100
Main advice for the day.

The ones in the link are the V2 premium so they have HDMI and also run of the 65MM falcon cipset, this is the smaller one and they also have the new drives which are a lot quieter. The Elite's do not all have the 65MM chipset, it depends upon when they manufactured.

Haven't really followed the last part of the discussion. Santa duly delivered yesterday, FIFA 2008 has moved on a lot in the last 5 years, which is what we were using!!!! The X-box is very impressive.

Archived