BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Opta Stats

Apologies if this has turned up elsewhere, but the Opta stats from the last season are on the Guardian website here.

Of interest to Rovers:

- Bentley having 83 shots on goal - sixth highest and more than the likes of Santa Cruz, Berbatov and Tevez

- Bentley hitting the woodwork the most number of times

- Bentley with 9 assists - sixth highest in the Prem

- Bentley with the highest cross/corner percentage - 25.72% success rate and far more than any other player

- Warnock coming seventh in the tackling stats - 76.92% success rate

- Friedel with the fourth highest number of saves made

- Santa Cruz involved in the same percentage of goals as Christiano Ronaldo - 47%

- Bentley putting a cross in on average every eight minutes, and on average 11.24 crosses per game

- Bentley winning most freekicks in Prem - 90 fouls

I think Bentley's valuation has just gone up a couple of notches! :rover:

The reason why we cannot afford to sell Bentley is spelt out in those numbers. Also as the dirties club in the EPL, we also have the most fouled player (Bentley) in the EPL.

Those stats spell out just how exceptional Ronaldo and Fabregas are.

It also underlines how good Paul Scholes still is with pass accuracy a full 5% higher than the next best.

A final comment- Roy Carrol has been busy!

The reason why we cannot afford to sell Bentley is spelt out in those numbers.

Agreed. I had wondered whether he was starting to be over-rated by us, but those stats completely blow that thought out of the water.

He puts in a cross every eight minutes - no wonder Santa Cruz got 19 goals this year. If Bentley does go we might as well halve the number of goals Santa Cruz will get next year. It would be a massive task for Hughes to rebuild the way we attack over the summer if he does leave.

The reason why we cannot afford to sell Bentley is spelt out in those numbers. Also as the dirties club in the EPL, we also have the most fouled player (Bentley) in the EPL.

He's also a player with a lot of yellow cards himself though. Always interesting to see the Opta stats, they tend to prove things seldom mentioned in the meda..

It ought to be noted though that he doesn't actually have the highest percentage of successfully completed crosses and corners, which actually surprises me. Yes, he has the most, but this could be partially due to the fact that we use him so much.

It ought to be noted though that he doesn't actually have the highest percentage of successfully completed crosses and corners, which actually surprises me. Yes, he has the most, but this could be partially due to the fact that we use him so much.

He doesn't have the highest, but it's certainly not poor. The success rate in that list ranges 22.15%-27.40%, so Bentley certainly isn't poor with 25.72%. Your last sentence is probably true, but that only adds to the emphasis of how important he is to us. If we weren't giving it to Bentley to supply the ammunition, where would we go? Pedersen? :wacko:

Interesting to note that Ronaldo isn't even in the crossing list, that really only goes to show that he is a striker now and not a midfielder as the media keep liking to think.

He doesn't have the highest, but it's certainly not poor. The success rate in that list ranges 22.15%-27.40%, so Bentley certainly isn't poor with 25.72%. Your last sentence is probably true, but that only adds to the emphasis of how important he is to us. If we weren't giving it to Bentley to supply the ammunition, where would we go? Pedersen? :wacko:

Interesting to note that Ronaldo isn't even in the crossing list, that really only goes to show that he is a striker now and not a midfielder as the media keep liking to think.

Sorry, you misunderstand me Le Chuck. I rate Bentley extremely highly, and personally don't feel it would be beneficial to us in the long term to sell him for less than 25 million. I just wanted to add a note of caution. And I know it emphasises how important he is to us, but it also points to how other clubs might not find him so valuable. The big four are not going to feed him the same.

Ah okay, sorry about that, I get you now. I think I'd be tempted for £25 million, we could buy two good wide players for that, get crosses in from both sides, and still have plenty to spare. I don't think we'll get more than we did for Duff though (if he leaves of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived