BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scolari For Chelsea

Now if we can just sign Bilic up on the same kind of deal...

It's such an incredibly risky appointment for Chelsea, he's 59 and has no European club experience to speak of whatsoever. How hard can it be to be successful with Brazil and Portugal, both are fantastic teams. I think this could end in tears for Chelsea, I really hope so.

Well Chelsea aren't so terrible either are they? Especially with Scolari buying top quality Brazilian and Portuguese players to add to their squad.

Fair point.

The Premiership is a very different proposition to international football though, many a competent manager has come here and found that they're style doesn't quite suit the English style.

Apparently his interviews are very entertaining though. Unfortunately we'll have to wait months before he can speak English.

Oh, I hope he gets some slightly incompetent translator so we're treated to hilarious slightly wrong translations :)

One example was this:

"He reacted to one vital win by telling the world's media that he was off to give his wife a hug"

It wouldn't take much for that sort of talk to be hilariously mistranslated. :)

Excellent. The Irish Gift Grub guys (who have an AMAZING take off of just about everyone, but particularly Mourihno) must be thanking their lucky stars (or should that be charms)

Papers full of speculation about Big Phil's spending targets this morning.

Of the ones mentioned, I suspect the intriguing/terrifying prospect of pairing Torres and Villa at Stamford Bridge is also amongst the most realistic to happen.

Archived