BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glenn Mcgrath

I just thought I'd let you know that McGrath's wife, Jane, died this morning (Australian time).

Jane had been suffering with breast cancer for the past 11 years. She had a few periods of remission during that time. Some of you may not know that Jane was an English girl who met Glenn when he flew to England early in his career.

A charming lady who accepted her illness and fought it without making a huge fuss about it. She and with Glenn set up a foundation to help women who suffer from Breast Cancer.

Yep, people only disliked him because he was Australian. Had he been English we would have all loved him (we would have won a lot more often as well). Couldn't stand him on the pitch, but he always seemed nice off of it and you had to respect his ability.

Sad news.

my mate was working in A&E when he turned up after treading on the ball at Edgbaston, there's no truth in the rumour that the consultant made sure his ankle was properly sprained by the time they finished with him ;)

Archived