BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Has Let Himself Down...

Hughes always said at Rovers, "I don't talk about transfers until there is something to say" i.e. until signed sealed and delivered. "I don't comment on speculation, this club (Rovers) respects other clubs and conducts it's business in a professional manner"

I see tonight he is boasting a big offer having been made for Roque by City, naming the player, club, and 'huge fee'.

His personal conduct is not the only disappointing thing. His respect for former staff, John William's et all at Rover who supported him in his career must leave many at Rovers feeling let by down considerably as he is destabilising Rovers as Ince commented.

It would appear a picture is emerging of a manager who wanted to go a long time ago (according to JW, MH himself, MB and others) and who has little regard for those he sees as expendable in his own persuit of glory.

Will he still be there when City come to Ewood?

I very much doubt it.

See the City for sale thread- City are way behind in paying Zagreb for Corluka according to the Daily Mail (if anything is true in that rag!). So Spurs have stepped back in and offered to take the player in return for settling the debts.

Good point re Hughes El Tombro...although Allardyce seems to have suffered disastrously from his six months in charge at Newcastle, and they were a club suffering from crap management at the very top (although not the same scale Citeh potentially have). Allardyce arguably has a better record to fall back on than Hughes has, but he's finding it really hard to get back in to management. Having said that, I think his playing style puts a lot of potential employers off, and Hughes probably won't suffer from that problem.

I used to think Hughes was fantastic but now I have lost a lot of respect for him. Rovers confirmed there were pre talks for the bid and that he was not for sale, yet still they put in a bid which was immediately rejected, now they are putting in more bids. Hughes is looking out for himself, no respect from his side so why should we respect him. City are going in one direction and it isn't up.

I think Roque wants to stay, I really do, I believe him when he says he is staying but if he did want to go he would be mad to go to City, any player would.

I hope City go down taking Hughes and his reputation that we built with him.

Hughes always said at Rovers, "I don't talk about transfers until there is something to say" i.e. until signed sealed and delivered. "I don't comment on speculation, this club (Rovers) respects other clubs and conducts it's business in a professional manner"

I see tonight he is boasting a big offer having been made for Roque by City, naming the player, club, and 'huge fee'.

His personal conduct is not the only disappointing thing. His respect for former staff, John William's et all at Rover who supported him in his career must leave many at Rovers feeling let by down considerably as he is destabilising Rovers as Ince commented.

It would appear a picture is emerging of a manager who wanted to go a long time ago (according to JW, MH himself, MB and others) and who has little regard for those he sees as expendable in his own persuit of glory.

Totally agree there Graham.

He has an air of desperation about him at the moment and its not looking good when it comes to professionalism and being bloody courteous and respectful to his last employers.

Perhaps I'm being naive?

Do you think there is any chance that this whole saga has been worked out between two old friends? Hughes needs to look as though they have some cash and Rovers need to show that they are capable of turning down bids and holding on to top players?

Two birds with one stone etc.

Do you think there is any chance that this whole saga has been worked out between two old friends? Hughes needs to look as though they have some cash and Rovers need to show that they are capable of turning down bids and holding on to top players?

Two birds with one stone etc.

Two old friends my arsenal.

Total disrespect to the club and the fans,(both Rovers and City) Puts doubt in Rovers fans and gives the City fans false hopes.

If it was Hughes that made this public knowledge then he has gone down in my estimation of him.

It would appear a picture is emerging of a manager ...has little regard for those he sees as expendable in his own persuit of glory.

As well as his questionable conduct toward his ex-club, I see he (and his minnions in the media) are now busily discrediting the former Eastlands regime, which just happens to have brought City it's best ever seaon in the EPL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...it-players.html

Good point re Hughes El Tombro...although Allardyce seems to have suffered disastrously from his six months in charge at Newcastle, and they were a club suffering from crap management at the very top (although not the same scale Citeh potentially have). Allardyce arguably has a better record to fall back on than Hughes has, but he's finding it really hard to get back in to management. Having said that, I think his playing style puts a lot of potential employers off, and Hughes probably won't suffer from that problem.

Anybody that can keep up with Ferrari's when they are behind the wheel of a mini should be driving the BRFC jallopy.

Two old friends my arsenal.

Total disrespect to the club and the fans,(both Rovers and City) Puts doubt in Rovers fans and gives the City fans false hopes.

If it was Hughes that made this public knowledge then he has gone down in my estimation of him.

He was there with a full bank of media boasting about the Roque bid, discussing it's strength's with a big smile. With retrospect, I am glad glad he has gone. One thing I thought we would miss was his strength in the transfer market but as the last two months have unfurled, I have realised that Rovers scouting network provided this. Where we had Samba, Nelson, Cruz, McCarthy, this year already it's Carlos Villeneuva who looks fantastic...

I am even beginning doubt some of Hughes's best attributes to the club and following the defeat by Mytland (Larissa) and the poor, often negative fare at Ewood last season, I am delighted we have Paul Ince. Once things settle down I believe Rovers scouting network will continue to provide the club with a string of good signings.

Archived