BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trouble At T'turf

BB9

I must be getting old. All I saw was - Idiot pulls the blimp down, idiot lets go, annoying idiot laughs his head off right next to the microphone on his camera phone.

The only funny thing about the comments under the clip are the shining examples of our education system going badly wrong.

So much for Brendan Flood and his 'brand new dawn' & promises a short while ago - 12 months was it?

I find it both alarming and amusing how evidently short-sighted these injections/ego trips prove to be. I put the Dingles in the same bracket as West Ham - new owners/financial input comes in, proclaims new dawn, lofty ambitions, fans get caught up in it & in less than 12 months it's all gone up in smoke & someone has to to foot the bill.

Equally, it's scary how football clubs whore themselves to get any finance through the door through a variety of increasingly desperate measures. Some clubs really think it's as easy as flying to Dubai, doorstepping in different hotels until you find a wealthy Arab to sell the club's soul too. City seemingly have hit the jackpot purely through the Staveley girl, cue Newcastle trying the same approach and now the Dingles?

God knows what the Arabs would make of Burnley; probably they feel it's such a backward society they could re-engineer it somewhat, although surely it would be like trying to turn Mill Hill into Beverley Hills?

The blimp video sums up the Dingles totally; anywhere else they'd put it down to moronic chavs. In Burnley they probably afford that behaviour the regality of a civic ceremony.

You gotta love the Dingles, they're proud to be an anachronism it seems. I recall the guy (who my neice was adamant was Peter Kay) off the Safestyle 'buy one, get one free' TV adverts doing the warm up before the naked breakdancing streaker FA Cup tie, proudly shouting "come on were the Dingles" whilst they played music from circa 1987.

God knows what the Arabs would make of Burnley; probably they feel it's such a backward society they could re-engineer it somewhat, although surely it would be like trying to turn Mill Hill into Beverley Hills?

Well if the dubai based consultant for all these billionaires is anything to go by then they dont have a clue where or what Burnley is. The other dinner on Sky sports news they were interviewing 'said' consultant about the Newcastle lot touting themselves to all who listen and he mentioned that since Citeh there have been various chairmen and intermediaries from various clubs asking around for any takers. Obviously they were fishing for names but this chap wouldn't budge other then to say its a couple of premiership teams with one chairman in particular who is doing the rounds in the hope of a cash windfall, but towards the end of the interview he slipped in that there were people from teams outside the premiership contacting him that he never knew existed and that they are wasting their time expecting any good news. After the interview driving back to work I had a chuckle to myself thinking it would be funny if this had been the dingles. Then the next thing I know the one the only Mr Brendon Flood is in the paps saying he is out in Dubai trying to secure funding for their 'super ambitious' team :lol: . It doesn't take a genius to but 2 and 2 together and link these two stories together, good old Burnley eh in all this doom and gloom they do try and give us a laugh!

Sorry for the link not working, basically it was the report about the Arab's investing in the dingles.

Is Mr Floods property empire being hit by the credit crunch? Doesn't bode well for the knuckle draggers.

Do you realy think a load snotty noised Yarkshire men are going to be run by a load of foreigners????

Think about the British National scum are the second biggest party in local politics in and around Burnley.

Even if this lot are taken over by the Arabs or a dubai group that are on level par or better than city, this lot will not accept them FACT.

We are more likely to see a hugh race riot like in 2001 (?) protesting against the takeover deal.

Do you realy think a load snotty noised Yarkshire men are going to be run by a load of foreigners????

Think about the British National scum are the second biggest party in local politics in and around Burnley.

Even if this lot are taken over by the Arabs or a dubai group that are on level par or better than city, this lot will not accept them FACT.

We are more likely to see a hugh race riot like in 2001 (?) protesting against the takeover deal.

Anythings possible especially in football, surely?

I doubt there will be a)anyone daft enough to pump money in the hill troll's club, and b)if there were, they wouldn't complain at all - till it goes pear shaped, which it inevitably will.

I'd presume Flood's been hit as much as anyone given all his money was property-based seemingly, plus he's evidently wasted what he's put in to date. Didn't he promise them a new stand/ground? Yet another goon on an ego-trip; especially amusing given it's our primate neighbours though B)

Archived