BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aol

Were signed up for AOL broadband 2mb/s, and its absoulte shyte. We hardly ever get the 2mb/s speed were paying for and just did a check and its currently running at between 200-500kbs (not even 1mb/s). Online play on the ps3 is unplayable because of rubbish AOL. Its not the phoneline because sky broadband checks show our phoneline supports up to 6mb/s.

Think were entered into an 18month contract, but its so crap, is there any way of getting out of this? Surely someone else on this board uses AOL so knows how to change from them.

The helplines they provide are so time consuming and complicated its almost impossible to actually speak to anyone. Its just pre recorded messages.

I HATE AOL!

Why did you sign up for AOL? Why does anyone sign up for AOL?!

There are enough threads of advice on this forum and all over the internet about better service providers (i.e. anyone), it amazes that anyone decides to go with them.

To answer your question - there's no way out of your contract without paying a cancellation fee, whether that was set already when you signed the contract I don't know. AOL will have offered you 'up to 2mb' so legally they're not doing anything wrong.

• 1 month later...
Why did you sign up for AOL? Why does anyone sign up for AOL?!

There are enough threads of advice on this forum and all over the internet about better service providers (i.e. anyone), it amazes that anyone decides to go with them.

Must admit i was on AOL for years now and have never had a problem,Virgin bought the `line`earlier this year (long story!)And for 2MB it only costs £5.50 a month so it isn`t badly priced and i still get the benefits of AOL,kept my Email address etc.There are few ISP`s that cater for Virgin phonelines (Ours is Virgin only) so you have a choice of AOL or Virgin.I signed to AOL after trying NTL (Virgin`s predecessor) but NTL was so cr*p i binned them rapid.

Archived