BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Long Distance Rovers

Tom

Well I'm from Australia, and I have seen plenty of us on the boards here. I would think it nearly impossible to find a city further away from Blackburn than Melbourne, perhaps only a handful of cities. I live in London now and last week was due to go to my first Rovers game down the road in Fulham, but we all know what happened to that.

I started supporting Rovers around 92 or 93 when I was 10 or 11. Possibly a combination of Shearer and Championship Manager. Don't really remember, but I have been passionate ever since and always stayed up late back home to watch the games (far easier to do than over here!).

As for seeing Rovers supporters, I was at the AFL Preliminary Final in September watching my beloved Hawthorn win their way into the Grand Final (which they duly won). And lo and behold the guy seated three down from me was wearing a Rovers scarf!

It's a small Rovers world really. Very passionate and loyal fanbase all around the world.

I'm living in Perth at the moment (actually from Sydney though) and have spotted a few rovers shirts in the 3 months i've been over here. All at pubs i should point out.!! :rolleyes:

Plenty of supporters in Sydney too, i even met one through a brewing forum i frequent... so its a small rovers world :rover:

KoNG

Archived