BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tactics

Kelbo

The games I have watched since Sam has been in charge, sees a first half mediocrety, then a different second half!!

I wonder if the long ball in the first half, defend well puts the opposition team talk on the back foot, could be a clever ploy,

think, if you are going long, the opposition defend deeper, so the half time team talk would be to defend the long ball, then second half comes and we pass it around!!

Is it a planned thing!!

It could well be, is it credit to Sam??

The games I have watched since Sam has been in charge, sees a first half mediocrety, then a different second half!!

I wonder if the long ball in the first half, defend well puts the opposition team talk on the back foot, could be a clever ploy,

think, if you are going long, the opposition defend deeper, so the half time team talk would be to defend the long ball, then second half comes and we pass it around!!

Is it a planned thing!!

It could well be, is it credit to Sam??

surely it can't be that simple?

Football is about doing simple things well, maybe sometimes we tend to overcomplicate things, simple fact of football is, defend, attack and score!!

Defend well, dont concede, attack well and create, score goals = result.

I do know what you are saying but you can only give a teamtalk based upon what has happened in the first half!!

Then Sam could change things after a few games, quite often football is all about mind games, everyone knows Fergie will wind opponents up with comments, they know he does it but it works!!

Dalglish had Rippers and Wilcox playing diagonal balls into the box from wide areas, everyone knew it but couldnt stop it!!

I may be giving too much credit here but it could work!!

Football is about doing simple things well, maybe sometimes we tend to overcomplicate things, simple fact of football is, defend, attack and score!!

Defend well, dont concede, attack well and create, score goals = result.

I do know what you are saying but you can only give a teamtalk based upon what has happened in the first half!!

Then Sam could change things after a few games, quite often football is all about mind games, everyone knows Fergie will wind opponents up with comments, they know he does it but it works!!

Dalglish had Rippers and Wilcox playing diagonal balls into the box from wide areas, everyone knew it but couldnt stop it!!

I may be giving too much credit here but it could work!!

Reminds me of when Hughes was in charge. How many games did we play shocking first halves, usually go behind and have to come back? It was a lot - especially at home. When he first came in, Ince changed us to having a go in the first half and running out of steam, and usually capitulating. Maybe decent managers spend the first half focusing at the opposition so as to work out how to break them dow, rather than just 'you're all brilliant, y'know, just keep doing that for another 45 minutes, and we're bound to get lucky'.

It is quite simple tactics that Rovers adapted as they struggled with the over complicated tactics that Ince tried and failed to adopt.

Everybody knows their position, stays in position. In the first half when we have the ball we do not over commit and get the ball forward quickly into the channels. When we have not got the ball fall back into two banks of four. When we had Dalglish and harford in charge, similar tactics but two forwards who willingly ran the channels and hounded the oppostions defence. At present our forwards do not run the channels effectively. The primary objective is stop the oppostion getting near our goal

In the 2nd half, the tactics are adjusted according to how successful the first half's objectives have been.

Archived