BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantasy Baseball 2009

Hey everybody, the fantasy baseball is back!

There is a maximum of 14 teams this year so get your teams in as soon as possible.

The league is a Head to Head with standard 5 x 5 scoring.

To sign up to the league go to

Fantasy Baseball

enter your team details then join private league.

League ID#: 95632

Password: rovers

As for the draft, we mentioned maybe doing an online draft, which would mean everyone would have to be online at a certain time to do the draft, either that or you could leave your picks up to the computer who would choose the players based upon Yahoo's default rankings.

or we could do as we did last year with an offline draft which would require everyone choosing one at a time, these drafts do take time so we'd have to start asap.

I'll also be starting a live draft keeper league if I can get enough people interested, so anyone who wants to be in just put your name down and we can start working on times. I personally prefer live drafts and can free up a couple hours for it fairly easily, so I'd be happy to see that happen for the BRFCS league as well.

I've joined rog, hopefully can make it all the way this year...

I've got a league set up now on ESPN as well, which would only require a quick register for everyone to play. It runs free live scoring all season which is a plus. It's a bit different from the BRFCS normal league as it is a live auction draft (so everyone bids rather than having a draft order) and it has different categories (including a couple fielding categories as well as OBP rather than AVG, Holds and Total Bases). It's a 14 team league with two divisions, 3 teams from each division go to the playoffs. It's also a dynasty league, so your team from one season will carry over to the next and this will be the only time when every player in the league is drafted and from this season on their will be an auction supplemental draft on all rookies or players who were left on the wire.

Let me know on here if you are interested. As the draft is live we have a while to get everyone in and it will allow everyone a while to work on their draft plans.

Just to add, the categories are up for debate and I also have one guy who wants to change it from a dynasty to a keeper league, which I'm also up for. So if you are interested you'll also get a say on that.

And I also don't mind making it rotisserie rather than head-to-head, although I prefer the latter.

I've joined rog, hopefully can make it all the way this year...

I've got a league set up now on ESPN as well, which would only require a quick register for everyone to play. It runs free live scoring all season which is a plus. It's a bit different from the BRFCS normal league as it is a live auction draft (so everyone bids rather than having a draft order) and it has different categories (including a couple fielding categories as well as OBP rather than AVG, Holds and Total Bases). It's a 14 team league with two divisions, 3 teams from each division go to the playoffs. It's also a dynasty league, so your team from one season will carry over to the next and this will be the only time when every player in the league is drafted and from this season on their will be an auction supplemental draft on all rookies or players who were left on the wire.

Let me know on here if you are interested. As the draft is live we have a while to get everyone in and it will allow everyone a while to work on their draft plans.

Just to add, the categories are up for debate and I also have one guy who wants to change it from a dynasty to a keeper league, which I'm also up for. So if you are interested you'll also get a say on that.

And I also don't mind making it rotisserie rather than head-to-head, although I prefer the latter.

I'm interested, have never particpated in a dynasty or keeper league but would be interested in having a go, never done the auction draft before.

Archived