BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Squad Limits

25 is certainly too small.

It would have to be introduced with a requirement for unnamed young players to be included within the 30.

Otherwise the opportunity to bring youngsters who develop during the season through into the senior squad will be lost.

25 is certainly too small.

It would have to be introduced with a requirement for unnamed young players to be included within the 30.

Otherwise the opportunity to bring youngsters who develop during the season through into the senior squad will be lost.

You'd have to suspend it while transfer windows are open too, or at least allow amended squads to be registered on 1/09 and 1/02.

If managed properly this has the potential to make the league much more competitive. There would be less insentive for bigger clubs to poach players from the likes of us to keep as bench warmers, and the idea of being poached might be less attractive if the players were not going to be able to play in the league.

As far as bringing youth through, they would surely have to adopt the same system as is used for european squad registration - minimum number of players 'trained' at the club and minimum 'trained' in this country, while u21's don't need to be registered at all.

They were commenting on Five Live that Man U have used around 35 players this season, but don't quote me on that, and have been able to draw on far more strength in depth than Liverpool.

But it's suicide to use unproven players, according to some on here...

I think 30 players is too much, I think it should be 23 players with 3 minimum under 21 players also I want Platini's restrictions enforced. There should be no limits on including under 21 players who are English born and bred.

Archived