BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Infamous

I played the Infamous demo last night (great length for a demo too)

What I will say first is that I wasn't blown away by the graphics and it really felt like a normal superhero sandbox game. I do like the cover system though which you really do need to use and in some places it seems like it could be very hard mainly because of fiddily controls - he seems to climb things at times you do not want him too.

What was good about it though was that I couldn't put it down and it seemed fun to play something which many games these days do not care to much about.

I think I will pick it up at some point but not right away because its not right at the top of my most wanted at the moment.

Any idea where i can download that demo Cocker? Loads of hype around the game. Wonder if Paul Ince is involved in the creation, loads of hype, rubbish end result. Oops!

Any idea where i can download that demo Cocker? Loads of hype around the game. Wonder if Paul Ince is involved in the creation, loads of hype, rubbish end result. Oops!

Its on the PS3 Store - I take it you have been in there?

This game is so much better than the demo.

Rather than giving you a mass of powers its more of a gradual build up.

Very much a game in the mould of Crackdown, but seemingly far bigger.

Cocker couldnt resist buying it hey lol. Thought you had more important games on your list hahaha. Just played this with the supplier to our company for this game, at a gaming expo. It was a really big drawcard amongst the crowd. Im sure we will be buying in this game, and hopefully we will see huge sales as a buying department.

Cocker couldn't resist buying it hey lol. Thought you had more important games on your list hahaha.

Well the Mrs decided that Fathers Day had come early so I didnt argue :rolleyes:

Anyway had a blast on it last night and wow its good. I would like to note though first that when I started it up I was really underwhelmed with the graphics. I am sure the old PS2 Spidy game looked better. This all got brushed aside once I started playing because the gameplay is amazing. I played for 4 hours last night but it felt like just an hour. I was gutted when I had to turn it off.

The choices it gives you to make are also very interesting. I knew about you having to make them before I started playing and was sure I would go for the evil route but its the opposite and I am helping people and doing good things.

Gameplay winning over graphics though - I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

The gameplay is very good, graphics not bad but could have been better. It was really enjoyable playing it, and like you said difficult to put down the game after a few hours of playing.

I have been hammering through this and I think I am just about coming up the the third Island.

What I think is weird is that Cole can climb any building and then jump off it. He can also glide through the air. Bu he has trouble getting over a 7ft barbed wire fence :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it (on both good and evil endings).

It was a really enjoyable game. Graphically not amazing by any means and there are glitches (I disappeared through the floor a few times) and building pop ups all over the place however I cant recommend this enough for people who what to enjoy a game from start to end (even if some of the run around missions are repetitive)

Go out and get it if you have a ps3 - you wont be disappointed

Just finished it (on both good and evil endings).

It was a really enjoyable game. Graphically not amazing by any means and there are glitches (I disappeared through the floor a few times) and building pop ups all over the place however I cant recommend this enough for people who what to enjoy a game from start to end (even if some of the run around missions are repetitive)

Go out and get it if you have a ps3 - you wont be disappointed

As soon as I have new hard drive I will be having a go!

• 2 months later...

Well I'm a 3rd of the way through the 2nd island and, after some initial doubts as I got to grips with the control system, I love it. Don't get to play games much with other committments but, by my standards, I've been hammering this one. Some missions a little repetitive and reminiscent of Assassin's Creed but there's so much variation how you utilise your powers that these get forgotten. A blast.

Archived