BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Putting Songs Into Itunes

OK, so this is probably very stupid of me, but here is my problem, after downloading songs not off of itunes I want to easily put them onto itunes, but the only way I seem to be able to do them is by playing each file one by one. If I just put them into the itunes folder they don't seem to show up in my library. Is there an easier way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

OK, so this is probably very stupid of me, but here is my problem, after downloading songs not off of itunes I want to easily put them onto itunes, but the only way I seem to be able to do them is by playing each file one by one. If I just put them into the itunes folder they don't seem to show up in my library. Is there an easier way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

Click "File", then "Add Folder to Library" then navigate to wherever your tunes are.

HTH

Open itunes and the folder with the songs in you want. Click on the song you want and drag it over the top left menu on itunes (music, podcasts etc). It should then just drop into your itunes library.

If you want a full album either select all songs at once and drag them all in or do as it says above and file add folder.

They might not show up because they arent in a compatible file format. Itunes usually converts them though.

iTunes is disliked by a lot of people for not having the ability to monitor music folders like Windows Media Player can.

Here's a good article about solutions to the problem. Follow that little guide and iTunes will start to recognise the music you are dropping into the iTunes folder without you having to manually add it all.

I must say though, having recently gone to a Creative mp3 player instead of an iPod, I'm glad to be rid of iTunes. It's not very often I'll champion a Microsoft product, but I think its Media Player is far better than the the bloated iTunes.

Can you still get podcasts etc for mp3 players other than Ipods?

Of course. You don't even need iTunes to listen/download/subscribe to Podcasts, you can use Winamp or many other pieces of software. The name 'Podcast' is very misleading in that respect.

I do think iPods are an excellent piece of kit though, however they are overpriced. I sold a broken (advertised as such) 20gb iPod for just £20 less than what I paid for 30gb Creative Zen Vision M that replaced it. Both are equally excellent in my opinion. I did have a Samsung 20gb for a while which was utter cack though, I don't think I'd buy anything other an iPod, Creative or possibly a Sony after that experience.

Archived