BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bbe Lower Top Corner

I wrote a few months ago about my feelings and views on our support. Not necessarily in quantity but in quality.

As mentioned previously I feel that the way in which we support our club is instrumental in the way that others view us, how the players feel about playing for us and ultimately the atmosphere that we can look forward to when following the Rovers. Vocal support is an art which is passed down through generations and goes a long way towards defining our club. It is one of few things we can directly influence and can be a constant irrespective of what position the team is in.

As I expressed some months ago, I feel we lost our identity over the last 15 years and with it a lot of our traditional songs. This was replaced by people trying to get ‘complicated’ innovative chants going which small groups would sing whilst the rest of the ground sat on their hands (or singing barmy army).

This is why I suggested that we encourage the more simple chants which over time would spread around the ground.

Well after 18 games, I can see the shoots of recovery. I thought our vocalsupport at both Bolton, Hull and Birmingahm were superb (where we weren’t resorting t o the embarrassing ‘barmy army’). I’ve also heard simple chants starting around ewood (including the Darwen end v Spurs) which I feel will get going over time….eg

Da da da dadada daa dadada daa Rovers (Hey Jude tune)

Come on rovers, come on rovers

Rovers, rovers, rovers, rovers (as Chelsea, Boro, eicester sing

We are the rovers, we are the rovers

Come on ro-vers, come on ro-vers, Come on ro-vers, come on. (tune of haway the lads)

In the final minute against Liverpool when we got a corner, it ws crying out for a battle cry for one last push and one of the above would have been ideal…. But we’ll get there again. Keep trying lads! There were 23000 rovers fans on v spurs and the better the atmos the better chance we'll keep these fans.

In the semi final v villa were gonna need toreally get behind em especially at villa were we could have 6 thousand and don’t think ‘barmy army’ is too inspiring!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I am into chanting and singing but there definitely is a marked lack of spontaineous wit, imagination and innovation these days.

The last one I heard that was remotely witty was "5 - 2 and we've got the flu"

Other than that it's just singing the same old "hilarious" songs about burnley :huh:

The last one I heard that was remotely witty was "5 - 2 and we've got the flu"

Other than that it's just singing the same old "hilarious" songs about burnley :huh:

That and 'we want out toilets back' from 18 months ago are the only ones that have made me smile.

Archived