BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Please Someone Help Me!

Right for some reason my internet keeps disconnecting every couple of minutes or if I start to download a file is practically disconnects immediately!

I've ran a avg virus scan, cc cleaner, smitfraudfix and spybot search and destroy and it still keeps happening to firefox and internet explorer.

I've got wireless connection but have had no problems ever in over a year. I've reset the router and I've still got this problem. When it disconnects, it immediately reconnects and the signal is excellent.

I checked google and someone else had a similar problem and the solution was to search the hidden files for sqlite documents and delete them which I have but it's still not fixed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

trickey one, could be anything from a drop in power to faulty wiring. is it a PCI or dongle based device? if the latter have you tried using a different usb port. if its PCI try a different PCI slot (EDIT: just realised its a laptop, ignore please). if your can find the disc with the drivers that you need you could try uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers for it. and lastly if you have installed or uninstalled any software around the time it started playing up try reinstalling or uninstalling it (system recovery works best here) and obviously try sitting closer to your router (daft one i know but you would be surprised how many people dont realise that works)

I have all the office laptops set to receive and install automatic updates from Microsoft. There was an update installed recently (Friday I think) which screwed the internet connection and e-mail settings on one machine but not the other two. I did System Restore and everything immediately worked properly, I then did the MS update again and everything continued to work OK. It might be worth trying a System Restore and seeing what happens, only takes a few minutes.

I have all the office laptops set to receive and install automatic updates from Microsoft. There was an update installed recently (Friday I think) which screwed the internet connection and e-mail settings on one machine but not the other two. I did System Restore and everything immediately worked properly, I then did the MS update again and everything continued to work OK. It might be worth trying a System Restore and seeing what happens, only takes a few minutes.

I think this was it.

I did a system resore to last week and then I remembered I had problems with the football manager demo so deleted that too.

Ran firefox in safe mode and disabled the addons/plugins and done another cc clean and spybot search and it looks like i'm back in business!

Thankyou everyone for your responces and help, it really is appreaciated.

Archived