BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Help!

I need someone's help....

I have been shortlisted for a deputy headship and one (of the many tasks) is to do a 5 minute presentation about good leadership! I want to end my presentation with a video clip which has loads of different bits of film that inspires people. I have been given the clip but the clip is currently 2 minutes long and I want to cut it down so it is about 40 seconds long.

Anyone able to help me in how I do that?

I then apparently need to embed it in my Powerpoint so it just plays! How do I do that?

Thanks

Hi Hannah,

You can cut it down using Windows Movie Maker (It is built into Windows).

As for embedding into Powerpoint (Insert > Movie), it is easy enough but make sure that you take the video file with you as it plays from it's location and is not copied into Powerpoint.

Brilliant! I have now cropped the video and inserted the clip as you said but when I do play show it just has a black square and nothing comes up... It then makes my computer freeze. Is it because the file is too big?

Brilliant! I have now cropped the video and inserted the clip as you said but when I do play show it just has a black square and nothing comes up... It then makes my computer freeze. Is it because the file is too big?

Possibly.

What is the file type & size?

It is a windows media audio/video file and it is 2.91MB

That should work.

Does it not play when it goes to the slide show?

The only thing that I can think of is that it is now stored in a different location than it was when you first placed it into the PowerPoint?

Right... more helped needed but not in a fix my powerpoint capacity more of a help me write it thing!!

I am writing it about good leaders so I want to start it off with showing several different famous leaders e.g. martin luther king - i had a dream

but i need more leaders and quotes of things that they said that inspired, motivated and changed the future - it can be past people or quirky things from the present e.g. something random like the simpsons

Please help!!!

"I must follow the people. Am I not their leader?" Benjamin Disraeli

"He that cannot obey, cannot command." Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but reveal to them their own." Benjamin Disraeli

"A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better." Jim Rohn

"Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders." Tom Peters

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. MLK

Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts. Winston Churchill

The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership, by sheer force of self-confidence, bravery and tenacity. Mahatma Ghandi

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Nelsen Mandela

Archived