BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan stars

SAS

Though due to the amount of players we have on loan it deserved it's own thread.

Instead of posting on individual threads for how a player is doing.

So who have we out on loan?

Judge (notts county) or is this now permanent

Blackman (Aberdeen)

Lingzanzi (Preston)

So Linganzi get injured and comes back so we can pay for him whilst he recovers...

...yet Santa Cruz gets injured and he stays so we can for him whilst he recovers?!

Not saying we should automatically send Roque back but it it doesn't really seem right that.

So Linganzi get injured and comes back so we can pay for him whilst he recovers...

...yet Santa Cruz gets injured and he stays so we can for him whilst he recovers?!

Not saying we should automatically send Roque back but it it doesn't really seem right that.

Its not quite as simple as that though is it?

Linganzi is out for a fairly extended period - about 6 weeks if I remember correctly - so by him coming back it allows Preston to get in another player (and still get Linganzi back in the loan window if they want) and it is in our interests to protect our investment to an extent by overseeing his treatment. I doubt Linganzi's wages even come into the equation from our point of view.

Roque on the other hand, from the early indications, is a relatively minor problem so in the wider scheme of things it doesn't make sense to 'send him back' as we wouldn't be able to get him back due to the closing of the transfer window.

What are you saying then? It seems an odd complaint if you don't think we should send him back.

What are you saying then? It seems an odd complaint if you don't think we should send him back.

I think my point is that Preston shouldn't just be able to send him back once they've agreed a loan deal - which presumably includes paying (at least part of) his wages. We're now stuck with an injured player who Preston effectively injured for us.

I did say 'automatically'. Owenrilla has put it a little better but if Roque had been injured for an extended period I'd be expecting to send him back without having to pay his wages for the remained of the loan contract. Not sure it'd be that simple though.

Just don't like it when Rovers end up on the losing side of such arrangements. And in this case we appear (or appeared) to be on to a loser from both perspectives - despite being on opposite ends of the contract in both cases.

Archived