BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] London to Ewood and back

vyeo

First up, thanks again to Tris for helping pull it off. The missus did not get to meet Givet, but she did get a picture with Rochina (whom she felt looked much better on television... and should pass more...).

On the trip, it was a long trip up from London and back which took us 12 hours in total, and I salute all the London rovers who do such a trip on a regular basis. Met a couple of QPR fans on their way back from Wigan and had some good banter with them. When getting off the train, we agreed that we would wish each other luck, but that both our teams needed it more. In between breakfast from Burger King and dinner at Nandos (both at London Euston), the food highlight of the day was... the steak pie and meat pastie at Ewood. I really liked it for some reason... and evidently so did Dunn and Benni. Also managed to blow 150 pounds in the club shop, but could not bring myself to get the away shirt. It is really very poorly made and designed, looks like something we use for the office league! Very sub-standard there. But on the positive side, new home shirt looked smart.

As for the game, we all know what happened. My record now stands at 3 matches attended, 3 losses, 0 goals by us and I'm convinced I'm the only reason why we contrived to miss two penalties. Interestingly, the missus who attended the previous games and watch Rovers on tv with me occasionally, remarked that we looked much better than under Sam. Some food for thought there (I'm not a Kean fan myself, but this is an interesting observation nonetheless). Maybe there is some progress afterall.

So all in all, it was a good day out, marred only by the result. Will I do it again? Definitely... but should I? (seeing as its a guarantee that we'll not score...)

Archived