BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Treacy

seriously, he could have kept his mouth and proved a point on the field of play. he is setting himself up to look like a fool, if it doesn't work out at Dingle Dome. the guy was useless, and didn't deserve to stay, so why moan about it? there have been much better players, who didn't cut it in the PL, players like Schevchenko, Forlan, Pique etc, but they left without bitching about it? I can't believe I'm even mentioning those players, and comparing them to Treacy.

Me neither, as that's completely unrelated to this issue. The guy who we've helped through his early stages of his career, put our time and money into and given the opportunity to (which he didn't take) has now joined our bitter rivals (fair enough) and is spouting off about. It is a complete lack of respect to what we did for him and a complete act of idiocy in which he is setting himself up for a massive fall.

The lad will never be premiership class. He might strike it lucky and grab promotion with a side, but he'll not be there long. He'd have been best off being humble and putting in the work on the pitch. Maybe that would prove his point.

I guess he had to win over the inbreds somehow though... :glare:

I was just pointing out Stevo, that top top players have failed in the PL, without going mad over it. He also knows, that the rivalry between the 2 clubs is going to cause issues, so why the need to start blurting out rubbish? He knows he would have been targetted by the inbreds for being an ed Rover, so he has gone on the offensive by trying to get in their good books.

• 1 month later...

He's done really well for us. At Championship level he can be a very useful player if somewhat inconsistent. Can he do it a level up? No idea and he won't be getting the chance with us any time soon.

I think if you look at his history (ex Rovers, then PNE) you can maybe understand why a few well timed barbs at Rovers were used to ingratiate him with his new clubs fans. Fair play because it largely worked and his on the pitch work has been enough to make sure nobody thinks of him as an ex rovers/PNE player

He's done really well for us. At Championship level he can be a very useful player if somewhat inconsistent. Can he do it a level up? No idea and he won't be getting the chance with us any time soon.

I think if you look at his history (ex Rovers, then PNE) you can maybe understand why a few well timed barbs at Rovers were used to ingratiate him with his new clubs fans. Fair play because it largely worked and his on the pitch work has been enough to make sure nobody thinks of him as an ex rovers/PNE player

If his anti-Rovers comments since he left have been solely a tactical ploy to gain favour with Preston/Burnley fans and he doesn't really mean them then fine, you do what it takes to get by in your job. If he does actually hate Rovers then he's an ungrateful little **** and I hope he never plays in the premiership again. I seem to recall Beattie having a similar attitude after being released and thought what an @sshole he was being at the time as well. Obviously these guys just don't understand the money and hard work Rovers put into getting them to the level they were at before they left. Yeah sure they're annoyed we released them but they should feel immense gratitude that we developed them in the first place. There are thousands of Rovers-supporting kids out there who would have loved the opportunity they got.

I spoke to Keith shortly after he signed for PNE, he came across as a right tosser and very bitter toward Rovers, saying he 'hated' you (Rovers).

Bitterer than daftcrap ? The feelings mutual he's gone from rover to knobender to a scummy dingle ! And as for his tweet .... Gay! Anyway dafffy I got a ban for calling someone a tosser!

Bitterer than daftcrap ?

Hey, I'm not really bitter, I've mellowed in my old age. I don't dislike yous with the same vehemence any more. (of course I long for the days PNE are higher placed than all our local rivals, but that goes without saying.)((& I know it's unlikely to happen any time soon))

The feelings mutual he's gone from rover to knobender to a scummy dingle ! And as for his tweet .... Gay! Anyway dafffy I got a ban for calling someone a tosser!

Sorry Mods if it's against forum policy to use such language. Abbey, honestly, he came across as a role model for what's wrong with football in this day and age.

Archived