BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King st WTF!

Nice to see all the job cuts and money thats been saved has been well used! Whilst Blackburn is full of potholes there has been god knows how much spent on turning the one way into the wrong way! They spend all the money on the mall and now spend more on stopping you getting there ! Talk about changing things for changing sake.

Sas your spot on about the car park but it's made the lights hell at monty st coming out ,was backed up passed the fire station at home time for the passed 3 nights and darwen st bridge was backed up to the one way st car park across from clays.

Best to avoid the entire town centre as I endeavour to do. The town centre ring road (Barbara Castle way) was conceived and planned way back in the 1960's and is still miles off being completed. Ironically it's become the perfect epitaph to Mrs Castle "All hot air and false promises".

Half a century in the making and since then man has stood on the moon, Powell's prophecies have recently been proven chillingly accurate, BRFC have been to hell and back (and back again?), queens Park flats have been built and flattened, we've had polio, the Cav, and seen 3 town centre clocks..... and they are still farting about trying to link up between Montague St and Bolton road. Pathetic isn't it? Such ineptitude does not deserve to be rewarded and patronised.

Just a thought but Billy Joels excellent 'We didn't start the fire' covered just 40 years Blackburns inner ring road easily tops that. The town could maybe commission it's own version.

• Backroom

Sas your spot on about the car park but it's made the lights hell at monty st coming out ,was backed up passed the fire station at home time for the passed 3 nights and darwen st bridge was backed up to the one way st car park across from clays.

Bloody hell that's going to make it a right pain gettig out of the TEC

Best to avoid the entire town centre as I endeavour to do. The town centre ring road (Barbara Castle way) was conceived and planned way back in the 1960's and is still miles off being completed. Ironically it's become the perfect epitaph to Mrs Castle "All hot air and false promises".

Half a century in the making and since then man has stood on the moon, Powell's prophecies have recently been proven chillingly accurate, BRFC have been to hell and back (and back again?), queens Park flats have been built and flattened, we've had polio, the Cav, and seen 3 town centre clocks..... and they are still farting about trying to link up between Montague St and Bolton road. Pathetic isn't it? Such ineptitude does not deserve to be rewarded and patronised.

Just a thought but Billy Joels excellent 'We didn't start the fire' covered just 40 years Blackburns inner ring road easily tops that. The town could maybe commission it's own version.

Your an angry man.

Just one question, when and how have you seen the plans for Castle Way?

Your an angry man.

Just one question, when and how have you seen the plans for Castle Way?

We should all be bloody angry!

Plans were widely publicised in the LT 40 years ago, obviously you wont rem all that so just ask your local councillor for any info. It was mine who looked back and informed me of the initial starting date.

Nice to see all the job cuts and money thats been saved has been well used! Whilst Blackburn is full of potholes there has been god knows how much spent on turning the one way into the wrong way! They spend all the money on the mall and now spend more on stopping you getting there ! Talk about changing things for changing sake.

Abbey,

BwD BC, as will all other Local Highway Authorities, will employ traffic engineers, to find solutions to traffic problems. They do face the problem of town centres that were never built nor designed for the volume of cars that exist in 2011. They have to work within the parameters they have. So perhaps they have to work around the local difuculties that BwD has. As does every other Highway Authority.

I've seen a number of local Highway Authorities running computer modelling and programming various options to optimise traffic flows.

I don't think it's anything to do with job cuts nor budget reductions. It's just BwD maybe getting on with trying to get the traffic flowing in a town that ws designed for a few horses and carts.

Cheers

Colin

BTW

Thenodrog, I don't recollect Enoch Powell,in his infamous "Rivers Of Blood" speech, mentioning road traffic management. Would you care to expand on that?

We should all be bloody angry!

Plans were widely publicised in the LT 40 years ago, obviously you wont rem all that so just ask your local councillor for any info. It was mine who looked back and informed me of the initial starting date.

Concidering that would of been 18 years before I was born then no I dont remember.

Ask someone? Why do that when if I really wanted I could easily get access to them, along with many other things. After all this is a world where its who who you know gets you places

Archived