BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] EPPP

This is a new move to supposedly improve English youth development:

My link

So what do you guys think about it all?

How will impact football long term?

Financial implications for smaller clubs could be massive and some are even considering binning their youth departments.

Will it have the results they say they desire?

That's horrific, Maj. I read in that piece something about the system being FAIR to PL clubs? WTF?? Isn't the whole football industry already skewed massively in favour of the top clubs anyway?

It's a great idea investing in the development of young English talent but wrapping up changes to the tribunal system means lower league clubs will not have any leverage whatsoever.

Presumably this means Hoilett could leave and we might get £100k for him??

On the face of it, I'm disgusted. And we are one of the clubs who stand to gain from such a system (assuming we stay in the PL).

Is there some kind of PL crusade to reduce the football pyramid down by a dozen or so clubs?

Just seems wrong to me.

That's horrific, Maj. I read in that piece something about the system being FAIR to PL clubs? WTF?? Isn't the whole football industry already skewed massively in favour of the top clubs anyway?

It's a great idea investing in the development of young English talent but wrapping up changes to the tribunal system means lower league clubs will not have any leverage whatsoever.

Presumably this means Hoilett could leave and we might get £100k for him??

On the face of it, I'm disgusted. And we are one of the clubs who stand to gain from such a system (assuming we stay in the PL).

Is there some kind of PL crusade to reduce the football pyramid down by a dozen or so clubs?

Just seems wrong to me.

My daughter did an article on this last year for Yorks Late Kick off so we'd heard quite a lot about it before. It would appear that the Premier league clubs said they would cut funding they give to lower league clubs if they didn't vote for it. So damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

• Backroom

My daughter did an article on this last year for Yorks Late Kick off so we'd heard quite a lot about it before. It would appear that the Premier league clubs said they would cut funding they give to lower league clubs if they didn't vote for it. So damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

That's pretty much what Barry Fry said on Sky... they either accept it or get all their funding for youth cut.

Your hardly talking huge fees generally for kids of a young age, I have known fees 250K with 2 premier league teams competing, one a big 4. I doubt the lower clubs get as much as it was a championship team, but 250K is serious cash for that level. I've been told around 40K for a 13 year old I know is currently being courted and these are no small fees for league one & two teams. 40K divided by 2 = 20 or a loan player for 20 weeks, you never know what difference a new signing (1st team) could make and money is tight down that end of the pyramid.

Archived