BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tactical Brain

AndyC

Hi all,

to take a break from all the kean stuff, I'd really like to get your thoughts on a new section we've recently added at Yahoo! called Tactical Brain. It basically chooses a game each week and then offers a tactical look at what was the most effective tactics of the match.

Its basically an addition, to our free premier league goals service.

Your thoughts are most welcome!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/video/allvideos-22327918/27069964

Hi all,

to take a break from all the kean stuff, I'd really like to get your thoughts on a new section we've recently added at Yahoo! called Tactical Brain. It basically chooses a game each week and then offers a tactical look at what was the most effective tactics of the match.

Its basically an addition, to our free premier league goals service.

Your thoughts are most welcome!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/video/allvideos-22327918/27069964

Excellent, informative and really interesting, especially the first frame where it shows as a 4-4-2 formationand one of the midfield out of position, how they all moved accross one to cover that area of the park.

Thanks Andy, brilliant.

I noticed this on Sunday but this video explains it perfectly and shows why City are battering teams going forward at the minute. What I noticed more about City was how when they don't have the ball is that they revert to two solid banks of 4 with one of their strikers dropping into midfield also this makes it difficult for any team to break down. I think Mancini and his coaching team have done an excellent job especially in moulding what looks to be a now team out of those individual players. Theylook better without Tevez.

Slightly off topic but the op brought something up I admired on Sunday and the video was informative and well explained.

Is there any site where I can view it in the US? All I get is that the video is not available in my location.

Sorry Steve, we only have the rights to show the video's in the UK.

Agree with the city defensive tactics. t's how we used to defend under dalglish and hughes. Everyone sprints back into place literally defending from the front.

The problem with us, is that our forward players often job back, rather than sprint back. And junior dosn't even bother jogging half the time.

Someone needs to sit him down in front of the TV and make him watch the barca forward line. Infinitely more talented, but do twice the defensive work.

Sorry Steve, we only have the rights to show the video's in the UK.

Agree with the city defensive tactics. t's how we used to defend under dalglish and hughes. Everyone sprints back into place literally defending from the front.

The problem with us, is that our forward players often job back, rather than sprint back. And junior dosn't even bother jogging half the time.

Someone needs to sit him down in front of the TV and make him watch the barca forward line. Infinitely more talented, but do twice the defensive work.

Yes, the first frame shows how city covered for a player going upfield but still covered the gap he left.

Man U v Benfica, full backs were Raphael and Evra, both pretty quick but both Nani and Valencia were back with them when defending, as a full back you need that support and thats where we are lacking, you are right Andy, we dont react quickly when our possession changes.

Archived