BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Australian bidders

Clutching at straws here because there's nothing else to clutch. I remember around October last year it was reported in the media and on here that there was a group of Australians actively interested in buying the club.

I believe Philipl made reference to them not too long ago and said that they could have become our owners had it not been for a certain Scot "sniffing around" at that time.

Who are the people in question? Did they actually make a bid for the club? If (and it's a huge IF in both cases) Venky's were willing to sell, could these bidders come to the table once more?

The poster who said that it's now "Venky's Rovers FC" was dead right. I will not give these people a penny more of my money, they have completely ruined the club.

Clutching at straws here because there's nothing else to clutch. I remember around October last year it was reported in the media and on here that there was a group of Australians actively interested in buying the club.

I believe Philipl made reference to them not too long ago and said that they could have become our owners had it not been for Kean "sniffing around" at that time.

Who are the people in question? Did they actually make a bid for the club? If (and it's a huge IF in both cases) Venky's were willing to sell, could these bidders come to the table once more?

The poster who said that it's now "Venky's Rovers FC" was dead right. I will not give these people a penny more of my money, they have completely ruined the club.

Did they not buy Wellington Phoenix recently?

The identity of the Australians was kept quiet last year and there is no reason to disclose it now.

They are not amongst the people looking at the club now to the best of my knowledge.

Fair enough. The important thing is that there are people looking at the club.

Anything further you could share with us on that front, Philip? We all need a glimmer of hope in these dark days.

Archived