BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] loft insulation

My Mum has some guys coming around on Wednesday from a company called Viscount Installations from Blacburn to see what she needs and whether she can get a grant.

Has anyone heard of thisd soutfit please?

You can always PM me if you do not want to make any libelious comments!!

thanks

My Mum has some guys coming around on Wednesday from a company called Viscount Installations from Blacburn to see what she needs and whether she can get a grant.

Has anyone heard of thisd soutfit please?

You can always PM me if you do not want to make any libelious comments!!

thanks

We had them to insulate our loft and I think they also did our cavity wall a few years ago. No problems at all - we got a grant so your mum should qualify as well, assuming they haven't slashed them. PM me for price details.

We had them to insulate our loft and I think they also did our cavity wall a few years ago. No problems at all - we got a grant so your mum should qualify as well, assuming they haven't slashed them. PM me for price details.

Thanks o2g, much appreciated. I will wait and see what they say and then give you a shout if that is OK. I am always wary about letting strangers into her home and like to check and see if companies are ok.

Thanks o2g, much appreciated. I will wait and see what they say and then give you a shout if that is OK. I am always wary about letting strangers into her home and like to check and see if companies are ok.

We got ours done a while back. Its a great idea just so long as they allow sufficent airflow into the loft. The new insulation is twice as thick as the old stuff and i'm certain it blocks the vents in the eaves. Some cowboy outfit fitted my mother-in-laws house and her loft was riddled with damp and condensation. Make sue they atleast allow some airflow between the felt and tile batten.

We got ours done a while back. Its a great idea just so long as they allow sufficent airflow into the loft. The new insulation is twice as thick as the old stuff and i'm certain it blocks the vents in the eaves. Some cowboy outfit fitted my mother-in-laws house and her loft was riddled with damp and condensation. Make sue they atleast allow some airflow between the felt and tile batten.

That sounds like good advive PV, I will check that very point. Thanks.

Another general point that a reputable contractor will pick up anyway:

If you have a storage tank in the loft (or pipes up there for any other reason) then don't just insulate above the ceiling and leave the pitch or it will end up colder up there than before and the pipes could freeze.

Archived