BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sandy

Been pretty crazy here but central manhatten has been fine. It was only raining here. Strange to think that just 2-3 miles away it is complete chaos.

Stopped watching on TV now as it is turning all political. Some dick was on before claiming obama made this happen on purpose cos he was about to lose the election. Nob!

• Backroom

My fave opinion on this was that 'Gangnam Style' is in fact a massive rain dance :P I believe it's been turned into a 'meme' now.

On a serious note, best wishes, hugs and love to our yankee cousins. Get out of there safe guys!

Been pretty crazy here but central manhatten has been fine. It was only raining here. Strange to think that just 2-3 miles away it is complete chaos.

Stopped watching on TV now as it is turning all political. Some dick was on before claiming obama made this happen on purpose cos he was about to lose the election. Nob!

Glad your safe .

Guess where I was due to go on holiday tomorrow? I'm due to stay with my uncle in Hoboken but, for obvious reasons, I've pushed it back by two weeks as I couldn't cancel altogether without losing my money.

We went via Hoboken on the train to the NFL the other day. Crazy to think how it is now. Hope your uncle's house is in tact and and he's got power back

We went via Hoboken on the train to the NFL the other day. Crazy to think how it is now. Hope your uncle's house is in tact and and he's got power back

He's been staying with my cousin (his son) and his family in Fort Lee, N.J., near the George Washington Bridge. That's high ground but they're still out of power. He has a veterinary practice in Hillside, though I've no idea how that was affected. He lives on the fifth floor of an apartment block on Newark Street in Hoboken so his place won't have been touched directly. In fact the worst that will have happened is that the garage will have been flooded, and even that's set up slightly off the road. I think that section of Newark Street has its power back.

The city government in Hoboken seems quite proactive and they're posting regular updates on Facebook. It seems a lot of the main drag in Hoboken (Washington Street) is ok since it sits on the crest of an incline. The water will have run over it and then down the hill (most of the remaining area is under sea level) and much seems to be open for business. There is a large emergency management situation there and the army are also helping out. The water seems to be receding so the main problem now in terms of people's daily lives is getting the power back on. There'll be a terrible mess to clean up though.

My main concern for coming over is the PATH and the subway. Best route in and out of, and around, Manhattan.

Path trains are out for another week at least theyve said, but buses are running. Though Id rather not, I was outside grand central last night as that is the furthest south the subway is running and it was mental! They were getting them away as quickly as they could, but it cant replace the trains.

The subway is mostly operating, more and more lines opening all time but it'll be a while till theyre fully operational cos of the water in the tunnels.

Archived