BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The new TV deal

yoda

What if the % increase in the next TV deal could only be used to pay down debt, improve facilities or football in the communitiy projects for say the next 3 years, Just the increase that is.

Players wages are far in excess of the rest of the football world so that should not be an issue.

It would be a golden opportunity for English football to get its house in order

That would be a great idea, the best bit of sense in a long long time. Sadly the football industry is now run from top to bottom by agents with their fingers in everything. The men at the top will have their wheels greased to go in the direction agents want. Money comes in the top and straight out the bottom. agents have nowt to gain from clubs paying debt or building pitches so couldn't see it happening unless the government got involved, which they should. great idea though.

The premier league are trying to implement their own financial fair play rules...which would help reduce clubs debts hopefully.

Suprised by the ones against the move though - Man City (Not suprised there), Everton, Fulham & West Brom.

All the rest are in favour.... the main proposal is to limit the % spent on wages, based on your overall income.... to me that seems flawed, because 70% of an income like ours is much less than 70% of Man United's. I think they need to look at making the cap much fairer than that.

That would be a great idea, the best bit of sense in a long long time. Sadly the football industry is now run from top to bottom by agents with their fingers in everything. The men at the top will have their wheels greased to go in the direction agents want. Money comes in the top and straight out the bottom. agents have nowt to gain from clubs paying debt or building pitches so couldn't see it happening unless the government got involved, which they should. great idea though.

Not just the government I would suggest that all the Fans associations as well get involved

The premier league are trying to implement their own financial fair play rules...which would help reduce clubs debts hopefully.

Suprised by the ones against the move though - Man City (Not suprised there), Everton, Fulham & West Brom.

All the rest are in favour.... the main proposal is to limit the % spent on wages, based on your overall income.... to me that seems flawed, because 70% of an income like ours is much less than 70% of Man United's. I think they need to look at making the cap much fairer than that.

If what I suggested was adopted then the smaller clubs would reduce their debt quickly and be in a better position to comply with the FFP if any of the bigger clubs did not achieve the target, a smaller club would then be able to compete in Europe instead there by spreading the dosh around a bit more

What if the % increase in the next TV deal could only be used to pay down debt, improve facilities or football in the communitiy projects for say the next 3 years, Just the increase that is.

Players wages are far in excess of the rest of the football world so that should not be an issue.

It would be a golden opportunity for English football to get its house in order

Great post. It's time the Premier League and Sky took a bit more responsibility for the monster they have helped to create.

Premier League is a club of owners- they will do what they want.

The current round of overseas negotiations could make this year's Championship play-off final the £250m match.

Yes Philipl, I think that just adds weight to what I suggested

Archived