BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Price

chris_h

The reported imminent return of David Bentley got me thinking about Chris Price, also a player who returned to Ewood having left under a cloud. I was aware that he'd had a dramatic health scare in Queensland and the only update I can find is that he is still unable to walk.

Does anybody know how is recovery is going in more detail?

From his Wiki page.

Price was swept out to sea by a rip current off a beach near his home in Queensland in January 2011. Local lifeguards found him a short time later face down in the water and not breathing. While he was being resuscitated, he suffered a cardiac arrest and he was taken to the Acute Care Unit at Gold Coast Hospital in Southport. After he was released home, he contracted pneumonia due to the amount of sea water that had infiltrated his lungs, for which he was placed on medication. He is able to stand with help, but he has not yet regained the ability to walk.

Cheers Baz, that's a good find. The article is a little ambiguous though. Did he actually play in this legends game? If so he's obviously made as good a recovery as could be expected.

Great to read the story on Chris Price's recovery.

Is there an ex Rovers players association that is in touch with Chris?

Would be a nice touch if we in BRANZ could get a "Best Wishes" message to Chris - we tried to do this at the time of his incident but to no avail.

We're having a BRANZ meeting in Brisbane on Monday 25 February if you're reading this Chris...

Great to read the story on Chris Price.

Would be a nice touch if we in BRANZ could get a "Best Wishes" message to Chris - we tried to do this at the time of his incident but to no avail.

We're havinga BRANZ meeting in Brisbane on Monday 25 February if you're reading this Chris...

Great to read the story on Chris Price.

We're havinga BRANZ meeting in Brisbane on Monday 25 February if you're reading this Chris...

Yes, I saw that John. Work and distance will mean I wont be there but hope you lads have a good night.

Great to read the story on Chris Price's recovery.

We're having a BRANZ meeting in Brisbane on Monday 25 February if you're reading this Chris...

There is an ex players association, but have no idea if they are in touch with Chris. There was a 2nd article i found saying he also played in a aston villa masters team last year, on the aston villa ex players website. Maybe Simon Garner or other players from that era are still in touch? Im sure someone via the trust could ask him.

Archived