BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Appeal For Help

Kamy100

I am posting this on behalf of Jim Wilkinson:

Jim Wilkinson here Rovers fan & Penwottham lollipop man/school welfare officer.

Feeling initially festive this morning, a sombre shadow descended over our school with the news That 2 very little lads I cross over the road yesterday lost their dad aged 32 to bowel cancer.

It is a heartbreaking set of circumstances which I don't want to trivialise by linking it to the time of year but basically we have 2 v confused infant boys & a very young mum whose world is rent asunder.

We found this ball in a cupboard last week it's from Boxing Day 2004 v Newcastle. Andy Todd presented it to my daughter.

It's got Tugay Friedel Zurab MGP Savage Flitty etc (just before the Burnley cup games) autographs on. It would be nice to keep but I really would like to help this poor family for Christmas.

They are very young to even think about pensions, insurance etc and I will sell the ball to the best bid by 9pm on Friday. I can bring it to the Boro game & ask only for a cheque in the bereaved mum's name.

If anyone fancies the collectors item but is strapped over the holidays you can pay me after New Year & I'll stump up To help this poor girl through Christmas.

Please let me know your bid on here or @jimwilkz Twitter - follow & I'll follow back if you prefer to privately DM.

I usually put a Santa hat/beard on & hand out sweets on finishing day bit in the modern parlance we are hurting as a little community and if anyone can find it on their hearts to bid (current bid £50) we will be so humbled.

Thanks Jim.

I am posting this on behalf of Jim Wilkinson:

Jim Wilkinson here Rovers fan & Penwottham lollipop man/school welfare officer.

Feeling initially festive this morning, a sombre shadow descended over our school with the news That 2 very little lads I cross over the road yesterday lost their dad aged 32 to bowel cancer.

It is a heartbreaking set of circumstances which I don't want to trivialise by linking it to the time of year but basically we have 2 v confused infant boys & a very young mum whose world is rent asunder.

We found this ball in a cupboard last week it's from Boxing Day 2004 v Newcastle. Andy Todd presented it to my daughter.

It's got Tugay Friedel Zurab MGP Savage Flitty etc (just before the Burnley cup games) autographs on. It would be nice to keep but I really would like to help this poor family for Christmas.

They are very young to even think about pensions, insurance etc and I will sell the ball to the best bid by 9pm on Friday. I can bring it to the Boro game & ask only for a cheque in the bereaved mum's name.

If anyone fancies the collectors item but is strapped over the holidays you can pay me after New Year & I'll stump up To help this poor girl through Christmas.

Please let me know your bid on here or @jimwilkz Twitter - follow & I'll follow back if you prefer to privately DM.

I usually put a Santa hat/beard on & hand out sweets on finishing day bit in the modern parlance we are hurting as a little community and if anyone can find it on their hearts to bid (current bid £50) we will be so humbled.

Thanks Jim.

Any other way of bidding, don't do twitter

Maybe this can be brought to the attention of Alan Myers(or somebody similar) and the club can get involved in some way(just getting brfc/onerovers to re-tweet it or something would get a lot more bidders in)

p.s. some Iconic names on that ball, definitely a great collectors item, very very good of you to part with it in this way

Jim has asked me to thank everyone that put in a bid and for the generosity shown.

The final amount raised is between £650-£700 which is amazing. The ball went for £110 in the end but there were also number of donations including a sizeable one from Rovers.

The chap who died was called Richard Clarke, his family have asked for the money raised to be donated to St Catherine's Hospice where he spent his final days.

If anyone else wants to make a donation then they can do so directly by contacting St Catherine's Hospice and telling them it is in memory of Richard Clarke.

Archived