BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] My Lifelong Dream Of Seeing Rovers Play At Ewood, But I Couldn't Bring Myself To Go

Cowan

I've supported the club my entire life and always had dreams of seeing Rovers play at Ewood, standing there in the stands and chanting. Being in Australia has made it difficult to support the club, especailly in seasons where we weren't in the Premier League. At times the only information on the club I could get was a small results and ladder section in the middle of the monday newspaper. Pretty much everyone around me supported Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool and wanted me to support whoever they were supporting, but I always stayed loyal. It only made me more keen to go and see our lads play.

I'm now 25, last year in August I went to Blackburn for the first time since I was about 2 years old. It was during the week before the opening match of the season and there I was, standing outside an empty Ewood Park in awe. After wandering around the stadium for a while, my grandparents spoke to the staff and arranged for me to go inside and up to the edge of the pitch. I got butterflies and I was hungry to watch some soccer.

Then I went and sat in the stands and I actually felt a bit sad, for lack of a better word. I was just thinking about how much things have changed in the past years. A club with proud history and a passionate fan base being driven into starvation. I sat there for a while and just let it all really sink in.

That night I booked my ticket. Not for the match, I got a ticket for a train back to London.

I don't care if I'm in my dying days, that lifelong dream can come to the grave with me as long as Venkys are running the show.

How are we still getting 10k to our home games? Is that number exagerrated? I know I sure as @#/? wouldn't go to games even if I was being paid.

Just keep fighting the good fight everyone. It's getting more exposure from the media and that's exactly what we need.

Venky's out.

Hi Cowan, do us all a favour and call it football, there's a good lad!

Saying soccer in an Aussie accent sounds very dodgy.

Keep the faith, the stranglers won't be here for ever.

COYB.

My bad mate.

Just a habit because if you say football anywhere in Australia, someone will always assume you're talking about Aussie Rules footy and in some parts rugby.

Hi Cowan, do us all a favour and call it football, there's a good lad!

Saying soccer in an Aussie accent sounds very dodgy.

Keep the faith, the stranglers won't be here for ever.

COYB.

We enjoy playing Sucker (aussie accent)

I've supported the club my entire life and always had dreams of seeing Rovers play at Ewood, standing there in the stands and chanting. Being in Australia has made it difficult to support the club, especailly in seasons where we weren't in the Premier League. At times the only information on the club I could get was a small results and ladder section in the middle of the monday newspaper. Pretty much everyone around me supported Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool and wanted me to support whoever they were supporting, but I always stayed loyal. It only made me more keen to go and see our lads play.

I'm now 25, last year in August I went to Blackburn for the first time since I was about 2 years old. It was during the week before the opening match of the season and there I was, standing outside an empty Ewood Park in awe. After wandering around the stadium for a while, my grandparents spoke to the staff and arranged for me to go inside and up to the edge of the pitch. I got butterflies and I was hungry to watch some soccer.

Then I went and sat in the stands and I actually felt a bit sad, for lack of a better word. I was just thinking about how much things have changed in the past years. A club with proud history and a passionate fan base being driven into starvation. I sat there for a while and just let it all really sink in.

That night I booked my ticket. Not for the match, I got a ticket for a train back to London.

I don't care if I'm in my dying days, that lifelong dream can come to the grave with me as long as Venkys are running the show.

How are we still getting 10k to our home games? Is that number exagerrated? I know I sure as @#/? wouldn't go to games even if I was being paid.

Just keep fighting the good fight everyone. It's getting more exposure from the media and that's exactly what we need.

Venky's out.

That is the saddest football story I have heard since Rovers lost 3-0 at Palace in 89

Archived