BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bbc Doc On Scottish Football And Money

This has been a really good doc series. Easy to comment on the current state of the game in Scotland but they still have the highest gates per head of population in the world I believe and over the period covered Rangers were a huge club. So part of the establishment that when they failed they were retained in the league, unfortunately I don't think the authorities down there would be so accommodating to Rovers when we fold. Fascinating tale the demise of Rangers though and still going on to a large extent.

About 25 years too late. In 1991(?) when the late Bill Fox, the then Chairman of BRFC and President of the Football League came out of the tv talks with SKY, he said ´I´ll tell you what it is, the big clubs want all the money´ and he was absolutely right. B):brfc:

Too right..I remember him on Newsnight. Prophetic words...like Robin Cook's resignation speech!

Archived