BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] team for rotherham

12 hours ago, 47er said:

I thought the "fashion" of keepers coming out for crosses had died generally by, say, the 1990's. I assumed someone had run an algorithm on it and found it resulted in more goals than staying on the line. The emphasis was on defenders marking the forwards more tightly and preventing them jumping or getting a run at the cross.Keepers played a key part in organising their defence and Freidal was immense at that.

I honestly don't remember any difference between how Freidal dealt with crosses and how Flowers did. But I do know Freidal was the better keeper!

I think you're right about that,  not many keepers come very far off their line these days. I do find it frustrating when you see attackers heading in from inside the six yard box though. I still think a keeper should at least command that part of the pitch.

I used to think Brad was worth a goal start for us. Some of his saves left you rubbing your eyes in disbelief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/29/2017 at 01:41, Bigdoggsteel said:

What more does he need to do? 

The lovely, sly finishes are great to see of course, but I'd like to see him having more of an impact on games generally. The few times I've seen him play (Rochdale, Wimbledon, Gillingham) he didn't really impose himself on the game. He seems a bit lightweight. All in all, I'm hoping for the best,but I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, people.

Archived