BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Don Mackay

oldjamfan1

Saw an old bloke in Tescos in Carluke (Scotland) the other day and I thought "Where do i know him from?".

I used to work for the local housing association in the next town, Wishaw, and assumed it was one of my ex tenants, but I couldn't put a name to the face.

It has literally just dawned on me over a week later who - I think - it was. None other than Don Mackay!! Does anybody know whether he has moved back to Scotland? The more I recall the guy the more convinced I am that it was him. He has silver hair now. I thought he was an excellent manager for us.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-mackay-keeping-watching-brief-vale-park/story-15062483-detail/story.html

Was giving advice to people wanting to invest in football 4 years ago. May be worthwhile seeing if he knows anyone wanting to invest heavily in a struggling championship side?

Loved watching Mackays teams at Ewood- proper players, brought together with truely no money whatsoever.

• Like 2

Ah, I've just spoken to an ex colleague of mine who was on the books of Dundee United while Don worked in that city as he lives in Carluke and works for the local council. It almost certainly was Don I saw as he moved up there about 4 or 5 years ago apparently.

I'm annoyed with myself now for not speaking to him as I doubt I'll ever bump into him again as it isn't a town I go to very often.

One of my favourite seasons watching Rovers was the 23 game unbeaten run in 1987/8, not to mention the Full Members Cup final!

• Like 3

Ah, I've just spoken to an ex colleague of mine who was on the books of Dundee United while Don worked in that city as he lives in Carluke and works for the local council. It almost certainly was Don I saw as he moved up there about 4 or 5 years ago apparently.

I'm annoyed with myself now for not speaking to him as I doubt I'll ever bump into him again as it isn't a town I go to very often.

One of my favourite seasons watching Rovers was the 23 game unbeaten run in 1987/8, not to mention the Full Members Cup final!

The queues for the first game after we signed Steve Archibald and Ossie Ardiles! Billinge End Blue was last in one of the BBE turnstiles before they shut it. :brfc:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We took that many to Stoke they gave us terracing at the side of the pitch. Brilliant days and a very good team to watch.