BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Florent Sinama-Pongolle

Commondore

I don't know if the first post is still being updated, but Florent Sinama-Pongolle has once again reached Champions League levels with a move from Huelva to Atletico Madrid.

Saw someone mention Jimmy Corbett aswell, that was Souness first signing for us! I also remember him saying something about how "a club's foundation was it's youngsters " in the press release...

I don't know if the first post is still being updated, but Florent Sinama-Pongolle has once again reached Champions League levels with a move from Huelva to Atletico Madrid.

Easily the biggest mistake Hughes made in the transfer market in my opinion. He looked quality on loan and I'm surprised we passed on the permanent deal, it's one that has cost us millions really (assuming he would have continued to improve with us). He also has that one key thing we've been missing since he and Bellamy were together - pace.

Pongolle never looked that great for us, did he? I'm surprised at how well he's done in Spain. Perhaps, the style suits him in a Diego Forlan, Walter Pandiani kinda way,

I thought he looked promising for us - kind of the way Bentley did his first half season. Didn't light the world on fire, but did enough to show he had potential. I still see that as one of the most disappointing things of the Hughes era: FSP was practically begging for us to buy him and was for sale, but Hughes didn't.