BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Get Together In Melbourne

Robbie Slater has just given the boys in Melbourne a plug in his half time summary of the match on Fox Sports.

Well done boys, hope there is something to shout about in the second half.

Go you Blues!

Hah!

That was the only cheering we managed to do in the second half sad.gif

Great to meet some of the guys, a shame that it wasn't under more pleasing circumstances.

As a consolation, the pub was... for god knows what reason....full to the brim with top totty.

I'm awaiting the post-match debrief with interest! laugh.gifwink.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aussie rover - mate you aint the only one who felt as sick as a dog this morning. last night when i got back, my stomach was doing summersaults and this morning felt awful, like really back stomach cramps......

other than that and the fact that we lost, it was a fun night and we had some good laughs when more folks turned up.... laugh.gif

I agree Chris, it must of been the dodgy beer they were drinking, I had the fish and chips and I survived.

It was a great night, shame about the result, it's always great to meet fellow Rovers' fans and actually put faces to names. Although it was weird when the game finished and I looked around and I was surrounded by Welsh and Irish Rugby fans.

Highlights/Lowlights/Strangeness

*Watching the Worthington Cup Final again, even three years later I couldn't get the smile off my face when the second goal went in. Also lamenting how great Rovers attack was back then.

*Finding out where Chris Roe was after he went missing at the Sydney Promotion party back in 2001. We all thought he went away with someone wink.gif

*Watching the smile on the face of a Blackburn lass when she entered the pub and saw a bunch of lads in Rovers' jerseys.

*Trying to convince a bunch of Union fans that I wasn't English and didn’t care who would win the Wales V Ireland game, I was just happy that England weren't going to win the Six Nations.

*Calling my airline at 5am after getting a SMS saying that my flight had been cancelled. I wonder what the woman on the other end of the phone was thinking when I started talking. blink.gif

*Talking to the pubs landlord about the raising of the coffin ceremony at Bamber (sp?) Bridge.

*When the Blackburn lasses very attractive friends left sad.gif - and no it wasn't anything I said

*The 8am wake up call after 3 hours of sleep ph34r.gif

*Watching South Sydney play the next day with fellow Roverite Squaylor and seeing a Rabbitohs win. biggrin.gif

Let's hope we do this again (maybe the Storm V Rabbitohs game in June?), sooner rather that later.

Edited by Sydney Rovers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.