BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5 A-side Comp

Sorry for the huge delay in getting back to you all.

Its been a rough few weeks on personal and work front. My Dad was taken into hospital with chest complaints. Had 3 artery's blocked, but has had surgery to correct this and is in a comfortable condition. However he now cannot make the Portsmouth game (mean to be his first-ever Rovers visit). The week after I was working in England and amassed a huge 98 hours in the week and the following week I was down with the flu.

So anyhow all is nearing completion for Saturday.

• EVENT:-

Informal 5 a-side football competition

• DATE:-

Saturday 24th February 2007.

An estimated kick-off time will be scheduled for 2:00pm or 3:00pm kick off. (TBC later this evening).

• VENUE:-

BRIC or JJB (BRIC has a party, but we might be able to get in for a 3-5pm slot and then watch the rugby in Blues Bar.

• TEAMS:-

? Norweigan Branch

? Local Blackburn team1

? Local Blackburn team2

? Local Blackburn team3

? Northern ireland Branch

Northern Ireland Select

• Orwot - John Cowan

• Johnny Peden

• Gareth Dutkiewicz

• Dean Cashel

• Rovergroo - Simon Gray

KNEEJERK TEAMS:

• There is a possibility of an AFCD team being entered, but awaiting further notice from their players.

• North Lancs will find out on Thursday, but highly unlikely a team will be entered.

• London Branch, as Tris informed us they need 11 players for Sunday.

• If anyone else wants to submit teams, then please contact me asap, so we can sort out the league basis of the tournament.

Please PM me if you have any queries and talk to you soon.

Norway are seriously going to have their arses kicked with smile wiped off their faces as they loose out on winning streak.

No Ronny, no hope!!

:rolleyes:

All is confirmed for now.

• EVENT:-

Informal 5 a-side football competition

• DATE:-

Saturday 24th February 2007.

A kick-off time will be scheduled for 3:00pm kick off.

• VENUE:-

Blackburn Rpvers In Community

• TEAMS:-

I will get a definite run of teams for Friday and have the fixtures drawn up from there.

• POST-MATCH

- A few celebratory drinks in the Blues Bar and have an informal presentation of prizes.

- Live coverage of the Six Nations match between 'Ireland vs England'.

- Grab a bite to eat and then head into the Town to finish off the night.

Massive thanks to Simon (rover_groo) for making all the arrangements and putting this together.

It turned out to be a 2 1/2 hour 6-a-side friendly rather than a competition. Why is it that when people from Belfast, Dublin, Coventry, London, Norway and Manchester can pack their boots and show up as promised, people from Blackburn who said they'd turn up don't bother??!! :huh:

No matter. Plans are already in motion for a repeat of last seasons massive end of season tournament. I'm sure rover_groo will stick the details on here closer to the time (I heard the Woodlands is already entirely block booked for that weekend just for the Northern Ireland contingent!!!)

oh, and modes98 is a bit of a special keeper, and heebygeeby is a rare talent all over the pitch, especially in front of goal.

Bloody heebygeeby is quick with his shots. Hopefully i am included in that block woodlands booking, as i wouldn't want to trust them irish lads on their own. Don't think they'd be able to break in without me!

Good to finally put some human faces to usernames and get some scouting in for the end of season tournament.

I know Mr Gray has got a special treat in store in terms of one of the teams. Fingers Crossed they can make it anyway.

Massive thanks to Simon (rover_groo) for making all the arrangements and putting this together.

It turned out to be a 2 1/2 hour 6-a-side friendly rather than a competition. Why is it that when people from Belfast, Dublin, Coventry, London, Norway and Manchester can pack their boots and show up as promised, people from Blackburn who said they'd turn up don't bother??!! :huh:

No matter. Plans are already in motion for a repeat of last seasons massive end of season tournament. I'm sure rover_groo will stick the details on here closer to the time (I heard the Woodlands is already entirely block booked for that weekend just for the Northern Ireland contingent!!!). Oh, and modes98 is a bit of a special keeper, and heebygeeby is a rare talent all over the pitch, especially in front of goal.

Cheers Tris,

I appreciate your comments. It was a magic day and the result in the rugby added to the occasion. I was really get fed up with you and pks on the pitch. You never stopped running and were killing me and I had enough and spent most of my time in the nets. It was one heck of a tough run out and really enjoyed the occasion. It was very enjoyable with some real gems playing on the day. You done well considering you came back under the knife 4 weeks previously.

Woodlands is fully booked and I think some of the lads will have to share double beds and possibly put up with my snoring. Saturday night ended up to be a brilliant social one an it was a shame you missed out on that one Tris. I returned back to my bed early (morning) at around 2:30am and the lads got knocked out for about an hour.

Bloody heebygeeby is quick with his shots. Hopefully i am included in that block woodlands booking, as i wouldn't want to trust them irish lads on their own. Don't think they'd be able to break in without me! Good to finally put some human faces to usernames and get some scouting in for the end of season tournament. I know Mr Gray has got a special treat in store in terms of one of the teams. Fingers Crossed they can make it anyway.

Modes, yeah I agree entirely with you about herby. What a talent the boy is. He really messed himself up by playing and unleashing Norway's secret weapon. A very unselfish player on the ball who is very composed when in front of goal. Capable of some great goals and if he can play on an 11 a-side team like he does on 6 a-side then there is no reason as to why he couldn't play Semi-pro football. You done well in goals as well and big 'Shefki the Farmer' managed a key goal from you. Like you said there are high hopes of a few decent teams and hopefully it will prove to be a huge hit for charity.

- - - - -

Lads,

Thanks to all who turned up and probably shed about 2 stone with the amount of football played, but but it back on with the never-ending stream of pints in the Woodlands and Liquid. It was a truely enjoyable social day and the banter was at it's highest. One of the funniest was Pks and Herby saying they will travel back to Manchester in about 2 hours after the football, but instead stayed the nite and basically stole all our clothes for the night. Then as the drink flowed and our english got worse, both the Norweigan's had got better. Quality stuff and I've started my training again!!

Will be in touch with the 5 a-side details for Saturday 12th May and look forward to seeing you all there.

Modes, yeah I agree entirely with you about herby. What a talent the boy is. He really messed himself up by playing and unleashing Norway's secret weapon. A very unselfish player on the ball who is very composed when in front of goal

Also enjoys a drink or two, from what I can (or should that be cant) remember about our night out in Manchester

Bloody heebygeeby is quick with his shots. Hopefully i am included in that block woodlands booking, as i wouldn't want to trust them irish lads on their own. Don't think they'd be able to break in without me!

you got that right! an hour outside, was it, before the infiltration :ph34r: ! won't be forgotten quickly (unless i can block it out that is!). atleast next time neither Joney peden or groo will have the keys next time!!!?! :P

Phew, that was some game! Thanks for all the kind words, I would however give a lot of credit for the win to our two brilliant goalkeeper/defenders, Dean and Simon, and obviously Shefki & Dunnie's great work upfront, plus the ex youth star that is Chris.

I'm really looking forward to the Reading game now, don't think I'll be able to miss it after the great night out on Saturday. This time I think me and Paal might get our own room though, with our own keys and our own beds. Not the worst floor I've slept on, but still..

Great job, Groo! And a big thanks to everyone involved - it was great fun!

Also, thanks for the hotel room on Thursday Ricky, it was a good night out aswell. (for some reason, £6.90 was withdrawn from my VISA around 4am- I'm thinking it was three Bailey's please! At least the coffee and toast was free..)

See you all at the end of the season!

Archived