BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5 A-side Comp

Hi all,

Just a quick note to inform you all to hide and take cover as the Northern Ireland branch are pursuing second branch trip this season. We will be embarking Thursday 22nd February to take in the Bayer Leverkusen game in the UEFA Cup and hopefully see the team progress onto the quarter-finals. Some of the branch will be departing the following day, whilst the rest of us will stay until the Monday, watching the U18s against Bolton and also the home game against Portsmouth in the Premier League.

We are thinking of having some sort of an informal 5 a-side competition either on the Friday 23rd or Saturday 24th evening, before plans to induce the charity competition at the end of the season.

Let me know if any of you are interested in taking part in this with this web-site. Northern Ireland will be entering a team and hope to have members from the Norway, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, North Lancs, South Lancs and London supporter branches. If you have any preferences as to where we could play then let us know. We could do it at the BRIC or indeed at the JJB Soccerdome where we can have designated refs for the games. On the other hand the BRIC is closer to Ewood Park and perfect venue to have a few post-competition drinks.

I look forward to your replies.

the norwegians are definately looking into fielding a team! We won the end of season 5-a-side tournament last year, but in february it will most likely be a complete different team.

I reckon the BRSCN first team will be back and ready to defend our title for the end of season tournament in may! :tu:

modes98: the vikings might be on the look out for a keeper, so keep your options open for now! and you might be so lucky to be norwegian for one day!! :)

lol, you'll be lucky to get an english keeper for a day :P

I have sorted things out so i could indeed play. Travelling straight up from 2 days in Bristol (deal or no deal & a gig), dropping my mate back in the midlands then up for the 6pm lev game then going to B&B it til sunday, assuming i have a team to play for.

Thanks for the replies so far lads.

We'll draft up the teams around the first 2 weeks in February and know where we stand.

What venue and evening would suit everyone the best??

modes98: the vikings might be on the look out for a keeper, so keep your options open for now! and you might be so lucky to be norwegian for one day!! :)

So you don't require my services then.

Well !$£ you and I'll hold you to that comment, lol!

:P

I have sorted things out so i could indeed play. Travelling straight up from 2 days in Bristol (deal or no deal & a gig), dropping my mate back in the midlands then up for the 6pm lev game then going to B&B it til sunday, assuming i have a team to play for.

Good man modes, it'll be good to catch up and we'll confirm the teams, by the end of the month.

If you need accommodation sorted with a few lads (3) from NI branch, we are also staying until the Monday. Decent accommodation which will cost at least £20 - £25 a night. Includes breakfast and also has a bar.

One and a half miles from both town centre and also Ewood Park.

So you don't require my services then.

Well !$£ you and I'll hold you to that comment, lol!

well, as a manager you always want to improve and have a look at new players. I am aware of that both Simon 'Safehands' and 'Super Nidge' are keen to remain Norwegian Vikings in the next tournaments, but as for know I would like to look into options that might be available at a reasonable cost. :P

:lol:

1 pint up front and another after 20 appearances :P

could be arranged, although I might have to bring it up on the next board meeting to see whether there is sufficient funds :P

edit: I hope you are on free transfer? I won't put myself in a situation where I can be accused of tapping up players.. :D

could be arranged, although I might have to bring it up on the next board meeting to see whether there is sufficient funds :P

edit: I hope you are on free transfer? I won't put myself in a situation where I can be accused of tapping up players.. :D

At todays prices thats a sensible option. I am contracted to another club but only on tuesdays, but i have a buy out clause of a packet of nuts. :P

Aslong as i get fresh mountain spring water in my personal changing room then that'll be fine :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this have been forgotten on the message board. Is the football still on Groo? It won't be a norwegian team, but I'm still trying to get a team together for this competition. Looks like we're gonna be two norwegians, me and Herbergeehh. Modes98 have signed a one-day contract after I succesfully managed to get one of his mates to play for free as a clause in the deal. :rolleyes:

manchester_blue and Jordan have been offered similar contracts, further talks will be held in the near future. The team are also scouting a number of players, but no talks have been held with these players at this stage. Further news will be expected in the next few days.

Interesting. Myself and a mate are coming over from Limerick Thursday to Sunday too (although we're not sure where we'll be based Friday and Saturday) If there's a space I'd certainly be interested, if not particularly fit! I'm pretty sure I'll have a jersey or two with me :rover:

Transfer news:

Paul McGarry is in talks over a one day contract and is expected to sign for Europe All Stars within the next few days. The manager Paal K Soberg is said to be happy with his squad, but might look into a few more signings due to the general fitness of his players (including himself).

The Squad:

pks1984

Herbergeehh

modes98 (keeper)

modes98's mate

daren

Paul McGarry (expected to sign)

Europe All Stars have been in talks with Manchester Blue and Jordan as well, but it is rumoured that they are considering other offers and will wait to make their decision.

• 2 weeks later...

sent Simon a txt earlier today but he hasn't replied yet.. got your pm modes

We have 6 players all together now:

modes98

daren

Paul McGarry

herbergeehh

pks1984

and another norwegian

have the London branch entered a team for the tournament? Tris? any other teams?

Archived